Face facts. This is the worst Husker team in history.

By the results of the 4th quarter you might think our defensive coordinator was coordinating plays through his headset with the Northwestern offensive coordinator and the referees to make the ABC game more exciting. Maybe we should go back to the old fashioned defensive huddle where the MLB or safety calls the play? Could he do worse than Chinander? Maybe our guys could look for the ball once in a while and "make a play" like Frost is always talking about? Maybe we could have a sneaky blitz once in a while that didn't get immediately picked up?

Does anyone seriously think we don't match up with the majority of teams we've played.....excluding the refs?

I once bought a Powerball ticket and excitedly awaited the numbers to be called.  The first 5 numbers came up and none of them matched my ticket.  But at the end they pulled out the Powerball that matched mine, and I won $4.

It wasn't the $100 million dollars I was hoping for, but it was worth more than many other tickets I purchased just to throw away....

14 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

We will be lucky to beat that hyphenated team in that make-up game. 

And Frost said we “deserved” to win that game! Ha! We sucked at multiple levels. We deserved to lose.

I am despondent. 

Is this the worst Husker team ever?
No, it's not. This is a better team than last years.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Riley nearly always blamed himself.  I don't think he ever intimated that this or that unit (defense, offense, special teams) was to blame for a loss.  He'd talk about work needed and how they were on the brink of winning each game but just couldn't quite do it.. etc.

Different personality this time.  Similar words as to how "close we are to winning," etc. 

Are we to keep relying on the saw about the players being messed up because of the previous coach?  Riley didn't say that exactly, but he did use the word "inherit" when alluding to his current players and how tough it was going to be to win under a new regime. 

Some coaches out there come in brand new to a storied program on a losing streak and do just fine right away.. or within a few games.   Nebraska has won 6 games since late 2016.

I was excited about the Scott Frost hire.  But now I'm not one bit.  I'm disappointed in him and his cadre of coaches (perhaps the strength guy is better?).  

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

We will be lucky to beat that hyphenated team in that make-up game. 

And Frost said we “deserved” to win that game! Ha! We sucked at multiple levels. We deserved to lose.

I am despondent. 

Was this thread really necessary?  I think we've extensively covered, and collectively come to the conclusion, that the 2018 edition of Husker football sucks.  There is even a mega-thread dedicated to all sucky things Nebraska football related.

Next caller you're on the air...

• Plus1 1