Face facts. This is the worst Husker team in history.

21 hours ago, Undone said:

This is a great post, but nobody will get it.

I'm from Lincoln and my best friends' granparents were from Pender. Used to go up there pheasant hunting back when the CRP program was in full swing...amazing memories. Anyway...sorry to derail the thread all.   :) 

If there was a conversation worthy of derailing a thread, it’s talking about PoPo’s.  Haven’t been there in ages.  I went there a lot as a kid.  Good memories 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, Saunders said:

For a stat based look, S&P+ currently has 2018 Nebraska ranked nearly 40 spots higher than 2017. 

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think we look slightly better than last year. Gonna say we beat Bethune Cookman, Illinois and either Michigan State or Iowa. Horrible record but Going out on an upswing instead of a meltdown.

Both of these seem about right.   I think this team would beat last year's by 10 points or so around 34-24 in a rather ugly, sloppy, penalty infested affair.   But I think Husker fans would sell out the stadium twice!   

• Plus1 2

SAD Thread! :rolleyes:

But, if this is the type of thread that makes some of you feel better about yourself, about your fandom, about anything, then go for it!

Everyone is intitled to have their own opinion, on coaches, players, fans, so by all means, feel free to vent, if it gets you through another day, week, month or season. I don’t like where our record says we are, but I see progress, not perfection, but progress!

• Plus1 3

It’s a message board so I get it, but it doesn’t make it any easier for me to understand why so many have forgotten how bad last years team was.

They couldn’t tackle, one of the worst in country in sacks and TFLs, they threw touchdown passes to the other team, they thought games were 2.5 quarters long, they couldn’t return a punt.  Ohio State didnt punt once against Huskers.

They are better in every aspect of the game....except penalties.  They are not good enough to overcome the massive number of penalties they get.  They are not good enough to have turnovers.  

They might claim the worst record this year,  but 2017 has set the bar for poor teams.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Statwise and eyeball test, they would kill last year's team. JMHO

They haven't killed anybody including Troy.  Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion.  I just listened to Dre Kirkpatrick of the Bengals say they are better than the Steelers.  Of course, the Bengals are 3-11 against the Steelers while Kirkpatrick has been there and 0-7 in their last 7.  But hey......lol

10 hours ago, Jeepy said:

Riley nearly always blamed himself.  I don't think he ever intimated that this or that unit (defense, offense, special teams) was to blame for a loss.  He'd talk about work needed and how they were on the brink of winning each game but just couldn't quite do it.. etc.

Different personality this time.  Similar words as to how "close we are to winning," etc. 

Are we to keep relying on the saw about the players being messed up because of the previous coach?  Riley didn't say that exactly, but he did use the word "inherit" when alluding to his current players and how tough it was going to be to win under a new regime. 

Some coaches out there come in brand new to a storied program on a losing streak and do just fine right away.. or within a few games.   Nebraska has won 6 games since late 2016.

I was excited about the Scott Frost hire.  But now I'm not one bit.  I'm disappointed in him and his cadre of coaches (perhaps the strength guy is better?).  

You can’t be serious? Six

games in. We all knew it would be tough. Well, maybe the few that understood it would take time. Go ahead and be dissapointed in HCSF. Smh. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS??? 

2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

You can’t be serious? Six

games in. We all knew it would be tough. Well, maybe the few that understood it would take time. Go ahead and be dissapointed in HCSF. Smh. YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS??? 

I knew it would be rough.  I was told many times I was nuts, but yesterday's game was a blow to the confidence I had in HCSF.  Couple that with Troy losing to Liberty...oof.

12 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

They haven't killed anybody including Troy.  Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion.  I just listened to Dre Kirkpatrick of the Bengals say they are better than the Steelers.  Of course, the Bengals are 3-11 against the Steelers while Kirkpatrick has been there and 0-7 in their last 7.  But hey......lol

But nobody has played the prevent against us yet... so there’s that.