Face facts. This is the worst Husker team in history.

14 hours ago, runningblind said:

If you go back and watch the 6-7 UCF team you would have the same criticism of the play calling.  Last year however? You would be overjoyed. 

These guys didn't just forget how to coach upon moving to Nebraska. They have a very limited playbook at the moment with this team.  

Take a deep breath, enjoy the rest of the season,  and come talk to me in a year. I seriously doubt the majority will have a problem with the play calling then. 

Yes, this has been mentioned before by people who don't want to hear any criticism of Frost and Co.  Those same people will believe that players forgot how to play.  They forgot how to lift weights.  They've become accustomed to losing and may actually like it.  Yada, yada, yada.  

32 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Yes, this has been mentioned before by people who don't want to hear any criticism of Frost and Co.  Those same people will believe that players forgot how to play.  They forgot how to lift weights.  They've become accustomed to losing and may actually like it.  Yada, yada, yada.  

I am just saying I need a bigger sample size before an easy answer is visible.

Coaches have previously taken a bad team and made them good.  The players here have had 3 bad seasons, with one mediocre one sandwiched in during last 4. 

Logic points to the players being a larger portion of the issue.

I think we just need to lock down all of Huskerboard until next august starts. Pretty much nothing other than the spreading of anger and resentment is going to take place in 2018. That does nothing but erode what Frost is trying to build. I know I sure want to bitch based on what we are watching on the field. But it isnt going to make the players get better.

Like this article. This is so stupid. Does the guy who wrote this article want his team to steal some of our recruits or what is the point of this? Its stupid. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/10/13/nebraska-would-owe-scott-frost-up-26-million-buyout/1633224002/

On 10/14/2018 at 12:32 AM, Landlord said:

Doesn't seem like the worst team in husker history to me.

Team with the worst record in husker history, sure.

I agree - outside of the mich game, we had opportunities to win all others - including Wisc if we didn't kill ourselves wt penalties and other self inflicted wounds.

23 hours ago, Saunders said:

For a stat based look, S&P+ currently has 2018 Nebraska ranked nearly 40 spots higher than 2017. 

I mean .... have people really forgotten already that last year's team gave up 50 points in four of their last six games, couldn't force Ohio State to punt once, lost to Iowa by 42 and got beaten by a vaunted Minnesota team by 33.  The same Minnesota team that scored 54 points on us but only scored 51 points against THE OTHER FIVE B1G WEST TEAMS THEY PLAYED and got shut out in the two games after playing us?

:facepalm:

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

I am not sure why I read this thread....I knew what it was going to be and I got what I deserved...a sore neck from all of the head shaking. Frost inherited a terrible team. What do you think last years defense would have looked like paired up with a fast paced tempo offense? Better than this one? hell no. I see improvement, it obviously hasnt translated to W's but I have full faith and confidence that it will. Another year of Duval and Ellis as well as another year in the scheme and another year of players recruited for our schemes....we will get better.