Northwestern Post-Game Presser

Mavric

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Thanks for sharing these every week.  Frost is looking a bit defeated. I feel the team and this staff could use a week off to mentally regroup but that wont be happening this year.

How could he not look defeated? He is the epitome of defeated...he is win-less after six games.

Obvious comment is obvious.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Undone said:

How could he not look defeated? He is the epitome of defeated...he is win-less after six games.

Obvious comment is obvious.

So much of it was almost like WTF?  I have no idea why we implode.....No idea how to fix it.  We try and try and try and still get penalties.  Still miss coverages...Still miss plays.....He truly just seemed stunned that the season has gone and continues to go this way...

I am watching the USC/Colorado game.  Realizing how close things really are.  We played with Colorado, could have won the game and now we are 0-6 and they are 5-0.  The positives never seem to be the important thing for us.  Just the negatives.  This team needs positives and needs to hear positives from their fans.  We do not feel worse than any of these kids and certainly not worse than Coach Frost.  Things will get better.  We have play makers, we need to develop better lines on both sides.  It is obvious that those players are not on campus, and in honesty have not been for quite awhile.  

IN FROST WE TRUST, right now we need to live it far more than just saying it.  I didn't get to watch the game today.  But it didn't sound like anyone quit, no reason for us to.

• Plus1 5

One more thing, we are questioning a coach that went 13-0 last year, and that team is now 7-0 this year.  They are very close to being in Play Off consideration at this point.  He walked away from that for Nebraska, that means you and me and his true love for this program.  He deserves better in every aspect.  He looks very disappointed, down and wondering, and has to be thinking why did I do this.  Let's act like Nebraska fans and let him know he did make the right choice and we all appreciate it.  Stand by him and the team, they need us more today than they ever have.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
7 hours ago, lo country said:

So much of it was almost like WTF?  I have no idea why we implode.....No idea how to fix it.  We try and try and try and still get penalties.  Still miss coverages...Still miss plays.....He truly just seemed stunned that the season has gone and continues to go this way...

this team seems defeated.........emotionally shot

14 hours ago, skersfan said:

We have play makers, we need to develop better lines on both sides.  It is obvious that those players are not on campus, and in honesty have not been for quite awhile.  

Even in his post game pressers, Frost mentions recruiting.

Especially on the defensive side of the ball, we need speed and playmakers.

14 hours ago, skersfan said:

I am watching the USC/Colorado game.  Realizing how close things really are.  We played with Colorado, could have won the game and now we are 0-6 and they are 5-0.  The positives never seem to be the important thing for us.  Just the negatives.  This team needs positives and needs to hear positives from their fans.  We do not feel worse than any of these kids and certainly not worse than Coach Frost.  Things will get better.  We have play makers, we need to develop better lines on both sides.  It is obvious that those players are not on campus, and in honesty have not been for quite awhile.  

IN FROST WE TRUST, right now we need to live it far more than just saying it.  I didn't get to watch the game today.  But it didn't sound like anyone quit, no reason for us to.

I think you are correct in your assessment. We were very close to blowing out Northwestern. We had a 14 point lead and a 10 point lead in the 4th, and could have taken the ball down and added another TD either time, but we imploded instead. Hopefully, this intense suffering forces Frost to closely examine some things and make changes rather than living with minor defects. We really need a win next week. 

As stated 94 I didn't watch the game, hardly got to listen to it.  But listening to the interviews after the game.  I did not get a defeated attitude.  I saw leadership from a freshman QB.  I saw determination in Seniors who know deep down the season is over with the last regulation game.  All the hours in the weight room, the film room and carrying the burden of Nebraska on their shoulders for it to end this way has to be tough.  But to me they seem to have a look of we are better than this, and we want to finish better than this.  

I am not qualified to question anything coach Frost does, or any of his assistants.  My knowledge about football is minimal.  But I have coached Olympic and World Class athletes and do understand that they had a major job on their hands.  I never expected a lot of wins, but did not expect this either.  I can not imagine how bad Coach Frost feels for the seniors.  They have been thru so much, so many coaches, and have caught heck from a lot of the fans.  Now this, it would be very understandable for them to just quit.  But they haven't, so I won't.  

Normally what seperates good athletes from great ones is their desire to succeed and their attention to detail.  Knowing everything about their sport/position, what it takes to get better and the ability to make the time for the details to be completed correctly everytime.  Of course God given talent is a main factor.  I like many others, hold Coach Riley partially responsible for our situation but the prior coach did us no favors with his us against the world attitude either.  Most of those kids are gone and Coach Frost is weeding out the ones that do not have the drive in their guts to be the best.  When you reach this level of competition, most have the talent, but don't have the motor to do what it takes.  That is what he is looking for in the future, and overall what has been missing at Nebraska for awhile.  I know there aren't a lot of Suh's out there, well there are a few but they all seem to be in the SEC.  But if we give him time he knows what he is looking for and I think he can develop them in his image.  I would be happy with a team full of kids with his attitude. 

• Plus1 1