Officiating Bias Against Frost?

I recall that newbie Nebraska came into the Big Ten favored to challenge for the Big Title in its 1st year joining the league. If you think that caused resentment among the other Big Ten teams, I suspect you’re correct. If you think that caused bias against Nebraska, I suspect you’re correct.   

Move forward to 2018. The new head coach for Nebraska just won several coach-of-the-year honors for the 2017 season, lead UCF to a major bowl win over Auburn and declared that UCF deserved to be crowned National Champion. He had a compelling argument since UCF beat Auburn, who had beaten Alabama and Georgia, the two teams that played for the official National Championship. If you think the UCF coach’s statements caused some resentment and bias against him, and some angst among the official National Championship folks, I suspect you’re correct.

Harken back to the post-1997 season when the Nebraska QB lead his team to victory over Tennessee in the bowl game to win the National Championship. Clearly, Nebraska throttled and dominated Tennessee in that championship game. In contrast, Michigan, who shared the National Championship that year with Nebraska, barely defeated a very marginal Washington State in less-than-impressive fashion. Subsequent to that win, the Nebraska QB declared his position that Nebraska deserved to be awarded the National Championship. That declaration by the Nebraska QB, and subsequent share of the National Championship caused significant resentment in the Big Ten, and continues to cause resentment among the Michigan faithful. To this day, Michigan maintains that they were robbed of a consensus 1997 National Championship due to the Nebraska QB’s statements.        

So for 2018, Scott Frost, that 1997 National Championship Nebraska QB and 2017 highly-honored deserved National Championship UCF coach, returned to Nebraska, obviously now in the Big Ten. Based on some one-sided officiating seen this year against Nebraska, one has to ask if others set out to ensure a disappointing season in Scott Frost’s Big Ten inaugural season.

• Plus1 3

Yeah it really benefits the big 10 financially to have Nebraska loose. I mean missing out on bowl games and looking like s#!t probably does wonders when they negotiate tv deals.

Or maybe their not conspiring against Nebraska. Maybe this is a undisciplined team that lacks talent and sucks all by itself. Actually I'm sure its in the big10's interest if the only traditional power in the entire western division would stop shooting its self in the dick with a bazooka every game.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I was waiting for the other conspiracy theories such as Iowa infiltrating the squad with the past two def coordinators. Or that Diaco purposely got fired at UConn so he can eventually make his way to Neb to ruin their D to help the Hawks. Or that Chinandler walked on at Iowa to eventually work his way through the coaching ranks to poison the husker blackshirts. 

The fact is Nebraska it currently paying money every month to TWO athletic directors and THREE head coaches. High risk and high reward defensive strategies slap you in the face when you are surrounded with undisiplined players. This is ugly.

• Plus1 1

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

No bias.  Pure undisciplined play.

Agreed.

What is the personal foul to sack ratio across our DL?

.....and our personal foul to INT ratio in the secondary?

The lack of discipline from our upperclassmen had been permitted for 3 years, so I'm ok giving Frost a pass on some of that as he continues to flip the roster.

I'd say there's an officiating bias against faceguarding that an opposing team can dial up by just lobbing one in that direction whenever they're in a bind and need a helping hand. There are also a number of penalties that can be called at any time to make the show more exciting if the network thinks people might not stick around for the commercials.

Personally, I think they should add a calling out session at midfield before the game where the coach struts out there with his valet and trash talks the other team just like they do in pro wrestling.

8 hours ago, AZHuskers said:

I recall that newbie Nebraska came into the Big Ten favored to challenge for the Big Title in its 1st year joining the league. If you think that caused resentment among the other Big Ten teams, I suspect you’re correct. If you think that caused bias against Nebraska, I suspect you’re correct.   

Move forward to 2018. The new head coach for Nebraska just won several coach-of-the-year honors for the 2017 season, lead UCF to a major bowl win over Auburn and declared that UCF deserved to be crowned National Champion. He had a compelling argument since UCF beat Auburn, who had beaten Alabama and Georgia, the two teams that played for the official National Championship. If you think the UCF coach’s statements caused some resentment and bias against him, and some angst among the official National Championship folks, I suspect you’re correct.

Harken back to the post-1997 season when the Nebraska QB lead his team to victory over Tennessee in the bowl game to win the National Championship. Clearly, Nebraska throttled and dominated Tennessee in that championship game. In contrast, Michigan, who shared the National Championship that year with Nebraska, barely defeated a very marginal Washington State in less-than-impressive fashion. Subsequent to that win, the Nebraska QB declared his position that Nebraska deserved to be awarded the National Championship. That declaration by the Nebraska QB, and subsequent share of the National Championship caused significant resentment in the Big Ten, and continues to cause resentment among the Michigan faithful. To this day, Michigan maintains that they were robbed of a consensus 1997 National Championship due to the Nebraska QB’s statements.        

So for 2018, Scott Frost, that 1997 National Championship Nebraska QB and 2017 highly-honored deserved National Championship UCF coach, returned to Nebraska, obviously now in the Big Ten. Based on some one-sided officiating seen this year against Nebraska, one has to ask if others set out to ensure a disappointing season in Scott Frost’s Big Ten inaugural season.

lmao

The only conspiracy is the segment of fans wanting to use “poor officiating” as an excuse to cover poor play and boneheaded decisions by these players out there.

that was roughing the passer to give them space from their end zone, their were countless defensive holds or PIs and when they weren’t called they were most likely getting burned. 

Those were, for the billionth time, untimely false starts that do nothing but derail an offense built on tempo and moving the sticks.

If you want to be realistic on what’s wrong- take ownership of things this team can control which are acknowledging we have a “deep” rotation on the D line where everyone is average (at best), a secondary that is physically outmatched and even more outmatched in the mental/technical aspect of the position, and an o line that qualifies as an embarrassment... for Christ sake- they opened the game with a damn penalty, ended the game with a penalty and a f’n fumbled snap.  I’m baffled as to how this position group is seen as leaders on the team.

Though perhaps that explains how this team is in this situation- if you’re led by an inept group of players that epitomizes losing football then chances are strong your team defines losing football.

• Plus1 3
41 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No bias.  Pure undisciplined play.

Can anyone tell me how many flags were thrown on the last two drives against Nebraska?  Including the ones that were declined?  I watched the Louisiana State game after the Nebraska  game and focused on the pass rush and PI calls made and noticed a big difference in the level of play permitted from the SEC and the Big officials.  Look at the lack of calls when Nebraska was putting pressure on the QB and no call for throwing the ball in the dirt,  sure there was a player close but he was in no position to catch the ball, happened twice on the second to last drive.  This is called in the other conferences but not in the BIG.  The same holds true for the Pac twelve and the Big twelve. The ruffing the passer penalty on the one yard line is a case in point.  The SEC officials let the players play the game.  Looks like the Big officials control the pace of play, the speed of play and the game itself.  It sure seems like the flags come out when the game is on the line and a team from the old big ten needs to score or a team needs to stop a team from scoring.  I watched many Big games this year and had this though in almost every game.  Several friends have noticed the same type of officiating through the season.  I don't think this is random and is something that needs to be addressed.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
1 hour ago, Whs from cb said:

Can anyone tell me how many flags were thrown on the last two drives against Nebraska?  Including the ones that were declined?  I watched the Louisiana State game after the Nebraska  game and focused on the pass rush and PI calls made and noticed a big difference in the level of play permitted from the SEC and the Big officials.  Look at the lack of calls when Nebraska was putting pressure on the QB and no call for throwing the ball in the dirt,  sure there was a player close but he was in no position to catch the ball, happened twice on the second to last drive.  This is called in the other conferences but not in the BIG.  The same holds true for the Pac twelve and the Big twelve. The ruffing the passer penalty on the one yard line is a case in point.  The SEC officials let the players play the game.  Looks like the Big officials control the pace of play, the speed of play and the game itself.  It sure seems like the flags come out when the game is on the line and a team from the old big ten needs to score or a team needs to stop a team from scoring.  I watched many Big games this year and had this though in almost every game.  Several friends have noticed the same type of officiating through the season.  I don't think this is random and is something that needs to be addressed.

Yeah I'm sure the big10 is telling officials to favor the huge money making powerhouse northwestern over Nebraska.

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If you think you talk funny, I suspect you're correct.

3 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Rumor is Frost won't share his dip and the refs significant others believe Frost is handsome which is also causing the bias. If you believe that I suspect you helped a Nigeria Prince at some point

Keep your posts focused on the topic, not the poster.