Officiating Bias Against Frost?

Just now, 3rd and long said:

The most complicated thing going here is people thinking there is a conspiracy going on. 

Watch some of the replays, we commit a lot of penalties that are also going uncalled. We’re lucky that we’re only averaging a dozen or so a game.  We are a very poor team fundamentally. That, along with the discipline issues, leads to an inordinate amount of penalties. 

The officials are missing calls both ways. That’s becasue Big 10officals are poor.

If they're missing calls "both ways" then how come Northwestern was flagged once while Nebraska was flagged 8? 9 times?

Seems fairly disporportionate to me.  Again, if it happens once, not really a big deal.  But this stuff happens literally every time Nebraska plays.  We get called for 8-10 penalties a game and our opponent who is averaging 3-4 penalties a game will have none or at most 1 when they play us.  Then, next week our opponent playing another team will be back up to their 3-4 penalties a game.  Strange how that plays out every single week.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If they're missing calls "both ways" then how come Northwestern was flagged once while Nebraska was flagged 8? 9 times?

Seems fairly disporportionate to me.  Again, if it happens once, not really a big deal.  But this stuff happens literally every time Nebraska plays.  We get called for 8-10 penalties a game and our opponent who is averaging 3-4 penalties a game will have none or at most 1 when they play us.  Then, next week our opponent playing another team will be back up to their 3-4 penalties a game.  Strange how that plays out every single week.

So the difference in this game between the two teams was almost exactly what the difference is between their season averages?

imagine that

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

So the difference in this game between the two teams was almost exactly what the difference is between their season averages?

imagine that

1. If a team is averaging 4 penalties a game...

2. They play Nebraska and get flagged once--or not at all...

3. Then the following weeks they're back up to their average...

That doesn't strike you as a bit...odd?  

11 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

imagine that

No, the difference was when the ref found a roughing penalty at a critical time of the game to get them off the one.....after helping them get in range the series before. I didn't see any more after that, went and got my hair cut.

It's all just a crazy conspiracy theory though.

8 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

1. If a team is averaging 4 penalties a game...

2. They play Nebraska and get flagged once--or not at all...

3. Then the following weeks they're back up to their average...

That doesn't strike you as a bit...odd?  

Nebraska averages what, 11 or 12 a game. You said they had eight or nine yesterday. 

Want to bet they have 11 or 12 next week. 

I think it’s a conspiracy against Northwestern. 

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Here is what I know and have seen play out in every game this year:

1. Nebraska gets flagged disproportionately compared to who ever our opponent is.

2. Nebraska DBs get called for pass interference at a much higher percentage than probably any other team in the BIG.  For example, last night during the Michigan v Wisconsin game, I saw DBs for both schools doing exactly what Nebraska DBs do...one hand on WRs back and the other trying to swat the ball away and no call.

3. I see DBs and WRs from every other school jostling each other and there is usually no pass interference called.

4. I see "late" hits on QBs from every defense in every game and most are no calls.

Is Nebraska sloppy and undisciplined?  Yes.

Is there a conspiracy against Nebraska?  I can't say yes, but I can't say no either.  It just seems odd that Nebraska gets a lot of penalties from things that other teams get away with.

What game were you watching? Our cornerbacks don't look back and play the ball so yes, our pass interferences are warranted.  I watched the Oregon-washington game and their dbs look back and play the ball.  Just because we have the N on our helmet doesn't mean we should benefit from every call.  And also, that was a roughing the passer, it's a stupid rule because of the "hit" to the head but regardless it's a rule.  If you think the refs have been extremely unbiased then 1. You may need to polish up on the rulebook or 2. You're too biased towards Nebraska and will refuse to look at the whole picture.  You realize all of frosts ucf teams were among the worst in fbs in penalties, right?

On a side note, we did get screwed against Purdue.

3 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I used to think everyone had it out for us too.......then I turned 13. 

We’re so irrelevant on the CFB scene now, why would anyone feel the need to conspire against us?

This might be the most brutally honest statement I have seen posted on this board since this season started.  Oh, and it hurts.  Like a kick in the nuts.

• Plus1 1

How about once this team stops with the stupid legit penalties...I.e. false starts, personal fouls (hitting the quarterback in the head or shoving the quarterback to the ground after he’s released the ball),  late hits out of bounds.....then we can talk about the officials having it out for Nebraska.   Let’s put this into perspective even when the Nebraska secondary was holding on deep routes they still got torched for big plays by Northwestern!!!!  This team has nobody to blame but themselves for the implosion that happened yesterday

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 3rd and long said:

I used to think everyone had it out for us too.......then I turned 13. 

We’re so irrelevant on the CFB scene now, why would anyone feel the need to conspire against us?

And I used to think everyone played by the rules and cheaters never win, then I turned 13.

To keep us down.  The refs in the game today probably went to the schools we were beating 56-0 back in the day.  People can, and do, hold grudges for a lifetime. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Making Chimichangas said:

And I used to think everyone played by the rules and cheaters never win, then I turned 13.

To keep us down.  The refs in the game today probably went to the schools we were beating 56-0 back in the day.  People can, and do, hold grudges for a lifetime. 

I deserved that for my comment. Probably wasn’t necessary so I do apologize for it. 

However I’ll still  maintain my stance that people thinking we are purposely getting screwed over by the officials are not thinking and watching objectively.   As I stated above, we are so irrelevant in CFB now no one really cares enough about us to put in the fix. 

Oh, well.  Just have to agree that we don’t agree. 

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You're just trolling now right? So now the refs are alumni of school Nebraska used to beat up 20+ years ago and they are willing to put their jobs as refs on the line to screw over Nebraska. That is ridiculous.

• Fire 2
28 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

You're just trolling now right? So now the refs are alumni of school Nebraska used to beat up 20+ years ago and they are willing to put their jobs as refs on the line to screw over Nebraska. That is ridiculous.

I am not agreeing with him but I also think the notion of “job on the line” is ridiculous.  That’s the real problem Refs don’t seem to be held accountable for much.  Think of the worst officiating errors you have ever seen and what were the consequences?  First off, there shouldn’t be conference officials.  Secondly, it should be something that is highly scrutinized by a third party.