Officiating Bias Against Frost?

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Honestly I think Nebraska's penalty woes this year boil down to 3 things:

1) Terrible discipline on all sides of the ball

2) The stigma of being a penalty prone team is hard to shake

3) Our uniforms and helmets stand out more compared to most teams.

#3 may have been a joke, but it's a fact that red cars get more speeding tickets than other colors. And white cars get the most.

So Red + White?

I dunno, but it may have more basis than the various conspiracy theories.

https://www.motorists.org/blog/get-pulled-over-more-often/

I really truly think our uniforms and helmets tend to be more eye catching than a lot of the other combos we play against.  Obviously not Wisconsin.....but against Northwestern where there stuff all kinds blends together  our whites would really stand out in the middle of a play so seeing us commit penalties would be much more likely than catching a NW player doing the same.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I really truly think our uniforms and helmets tend to be more eye catching than a lot of the other combos we play against.  Obviously not Wisconsin.....but against Northwestern where there stuff all kinds blends together  our whites would really stand out in the middle of a play so seeing us commit penalties would be much more likely than catching a NW player doing the same.

The same should be true on the opposite side then. If our jerseys are getting pulled by a holding lineman, or our receivers are being interfered with, our jeseys and helmets should stick out like a red flag. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The same should be true on the opposite side then. If our jerseys are getting pulled by a holding lineman, or our receivers are being interfered with, our jeseys and helmets should stick out like a red flag. 

See point #2, if there is a stigma like Nebraska commits penalties and NW doesn't, what are they going to be instinctively watching.  And I don't think the opposite is really true, darker unis should blend in a bit and make it harder to decipher who is holding who etc.

The refs watch for the telltale sign of the uniform being pulled. Illegal holding is a skill like anything else. The savvy vets do it up close, in tight and early. The kids hold on too long and the separation makes the hold too blatant to ignore.

Of course players who are constantly getting beat tend to hold more often, and that's probably been the case with the Huskers. 

I’m thinking I like those NCAA/Fox refs from the Colorado games better. They just spot the ball wherever and dare you to challenge them.

The conversation with those refs is like the Monty Python Dead Parrot skit: Frost- This parrot is dead! Ref-No it’s not, it’s sleeping. Frost- But you nailed it to the perch!?? Ref- That’s body jewelry , it’s a punk parrot.

I think it’s way more creative to rig the game by hiring some walleyed ref who just puts the ball anywhere and then have the replay guys back him up.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:08 PM, Redux said:

Sounds like a good enough reason to do what I would prefer. GO BACK TO THE CREAM HELMETS. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, LumberJackSker said:

Yeah it really benefits the big 10 financially to have Nebraska loose. I mean missing out on bowl games and looking like s#!t probably does wonders when they negotiate tv deals.

Or maybe their not conspiring against Nebraska. Maybe this is a undisciplined team that lacks talent and sucks all by itself. Actually I'm sure its in the big10's interest if the only traditional power in the entire western division would stop shooting its self in the dick with a bazooka every game.

This. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, Hayseed said:

I knew the game was rigged when they threw the flag for “bumping the quarterback” when we had them pinned on the one.

You can justify it all you want but they did it to keep the game interesting. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if it involves much more than referee calls.

In hindsight it looks to me that Pelini would’ve been justified to go out and choke the ref, then head for the booth.

People who bet are probably pissed, I don’t really care that much , I’m just not a big fan of pro wrestling.

I think that you 'knew' the game was rigged because you're a mammal with very highly evolved pattern recognition receptors and you're biologically hard-wired to find and create meaning and stories and connections for things that don't have them. 

Side note I'd be very interested in what other conspiracy theories you buy.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not a single holding call on a NU opponent pass play in the last 21 games in Big Ten play!  That is absolutely incredible.   No bias?   Hmm?    Hard to argue that simple stat by saying our pass rush has been so bad for every passing play over the past several seasons!    

Where did you pull that fake stat?

• Plus1 1