Officiating Bias Against Frost?

On 10/21/2018 at 6:03 AM, alexhortdog95 said:

Bias against Frost?  No.

Bias against Nebraska and piss poor conference officials?

SmartSelect_20181020-150344_Gallery.thumb.jpg.caa5090902c7c440a79b5157194ae0ef.jpg

You be the judge.

By the way - this officiating crew called two holding penalties against Minny in this game.  That brought the above stat up to three holding penalties in 22 games.

By that calculation, you have to go all the way back to the Maryland game in 2016 to see the last holding penalty called against a Husker opponent.  That is beyond bad....

HOWEVER...

Nebraska has been a highly penalized team the last 10-15 years.  You have to go all the way back to the 06-07 season to find when Nebraska was in the top 50 in fewest penalties per game:

See, I did the research...

Here is an article about it JUST LAST WEEK..

BIG 10 REFS DONT CALL HOLDING

When I see that 21 game stat, I think OMG our D line must have really sucked, and we must not have been very aggressive with the blitz!

25 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

When I see that 21 game stat, I think OMG our D line must have really sucked, and we must not have been very aggressive with the blitz!

That was my first thought.  Last week Frost said that they needed to work on their technique for getting off blocks.  It looked like they did.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Actually white has the highest ticket rate, but red is the #1 "color" and #2 among all tickets. 

Cops operate the radar and have their choice of who to ticket since virtually everyone is speeding. For whatever reason, they tend to punish red. 

Or people who choose to drive red cars are more likely to speed.

12 hours ago, Lonestar_Husker said:

Does intent matter? If a sack is not imminent, how is the intent of the throw determined? Aren't there option routes where the QB and WR have to read the coverage the same way? Is every miscommunication grounds for grounding? Did you see what I did there?

They’ve rigged the game with all kinds of arbitrary stuff to allow the refs to control it.

11 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Nah, it was a good call.  The receiver cut off his route well before AM threw the ball.  He knew nobody was there and got rid of it.

No, it’s a stupid call because he knows he’s not supposed to call that no matter how many technicalities you can find in hindsight.

No ref in his right mind inserts himself into the game with arbitrary game changing calls.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Hayseed said:

They’ve rigged the game with all kinds of arbitrary stuff to allow the refs to control it.

They've also filled the game with super slo-mo instant replays, coaches challenges, booth challenges, and constant grading of officials.

There are far fewer places for refs to hide their nefarious plan to punish a team for no good reason. 

Maybe this was already covered but Sharp and Benning were talking about how the holding call against Minnesota last weekend marked the first time in 21 conference games for Nebraska that their opponent was called for holding.  That's unreal and obviously extends beyond the Frost era.

1 minute ago, beorach said:

Maybe this was already covered but Sharp and Benning were talking about how the holding call against Minnesota last weekend marked the first time in 21 conference games for Nebraska that their opponent was called for holding.  That's unreal and obviously extends beyond the Frost era.

It wasn't holding it was holding during a pass play.

I've been trying to figure out what's normal in the Big Ten but I kinda gave up. I did find an article that said there was a 2 year period where Ohio State didn't get called for holding. It was either any holding or holding during a pass.

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It wasn't holding it was holding during a pass play.

I've been trying to figure out what's normal in the Big Ten but I kinda gave up. I did find an article that said there was a 2 year period where Ohio State didn't get called for holding. It was either any holding or holding during a pass.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.  It's a little less odd, then.  I know there was a PI I thought would be called against us had we been playing against a bigger team than Minnesota last weekend.