Ozigbo Makes PFF's National Team of the Week

Mavric

I said I would be the first to admit that I was wrong about Oz if he proved me wrong and here I am to say I was very impressed with him yesterday.  He had some really good stats against Purdue but I think the OL should get most of that credit so I was still hesitant.  However he had several really good runs against Northwestern.  They were runs that he was actually getting more than what was there and several times a lot more.  He had some good cuts to get around people and got good yards after contact - not just the 2-3 that he usually gets but breaking a tackle and getting a chunk more.

Congrats to him.  Hopefully he and Washington can be a great combination the rest of the season.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1

It's funny...I pointed out in a thread after the NU v NW game that, overall, Nebraska's OL actually played well and got a couple "eyeroll" emoticons for it.  I swear, I think there is one or two posters who eyeroll literally everything.  

The final series where we couldn't get a 1st down and NW used all their timeouts wasn't a great series, but that was more error on Coach Frost's part than anything.  I mean Nebraska was trying to run inside zone (if I recall) with 10 or 11 personnel and NW has like 9 defenders in the box.  I would have to go back and actually look at what happened though to know for sure.  I don't care how good a team is, the probability of 5 OL and 1 TE blocking 8-9 defenders who are selling out to stuff the run is not that high.

To the point of the OP though, Devine Ozigbo has become one of my favorite all time Huskers.  He's not flashy, he doesn't showboat, he just does his best, works hard, and tries to maximize his reps.  Not bad for a "2 star" recruit.  Just imagine how good Ozigbo would be if he still had a couple more years to develop under this coaching staff.

I was really impressed by the way that both he and Washington ran.  I am not sure that I have seen that type of running other than TB early last year for a while.  A couple of Ozigbo's  jump cuts reminded me of AA, especially on that near TD.  I also thought that was the best game the O-line played as a unit this year.  That's kind of a low bar, I know.

8 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It's funny...I pointed out in a thread after the NU v NW game that, overall, Nebraska's OL actually played well and got a couple "eyeroll" emoticons for it.  I swear, I think there is one or two posters who eyeroll literally everything.  

The o line did play well on Saturday. 

On 10/14/2018 at 9:45 PM, The Murphinator said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Ozigbo has a chance to be an excellent NFL running back. He is powerful and has the ability to make people miss. He will be a great NFL running back.

He may play a few seasons, but he will not be a GREAT NFL back. He doesn't have the break away speed to be considered great. IMHO