Play Makers

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is basically what makes me chuckle about about the complains about our offense.  Yes, it could be more consistent.  Yes, Martinez has missed a few guys.

Other than the Michigan game, we are averaging 502 yards per game.  That would be #11 in the country.  If we were more consistent and Martinez wasn't missing some guys we would be where?  Averaging 600 yards per game?  More than that???  Alabama is currently leading the country at 567.

With a true freshman QB, a true freshman RB and a Sophomore WR doing a lot of the work (not trying to slight Oz, just highlighting the young guys).

200+yards in the first half* ;). It's not just on Adrian. I know that, but if we are going to sing his praises, then it must be pointed out that our starting QB is hurting us at times. Doesn't mean it will never get better. But so many of those yards need to start happening from the jump, and not in garbage time.

8 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

200+yards in the first half* ;). It's not just on Adrian. I know that, but if we are going to sing his praises, then it must be pointed out that our starting QB is hurting us at times. Doesn't mean it will never get better. But so many of those yards need to start happening from the jump, and not in garbage time.

Absolutely.  Sorry if that came off like I was arguing with you.  I actually agree with you 100%.  

Once Martinez dials in a few of those throws/reads/decisions .... watch out.

17 minutes ago, Undone said:

I know that the OP said "offensive play makers." But maybe we need a thread for who will be a defensive play maker next season.

And I would say that I got nothin.

Mo Barry

Dicaprio Bootle

Ben Stille

Khalil Davis
Tyrin Ferguson

Hopefully, an Alex Davis/Guy Thomas/Caleb Tannor step up as well. 

That's all I got. 

14 minutes ago, Undone said:

I know that the OP said "offensive play makers." But maybe we need a thread for who will be a defensive play maker next season.

And I would say that I got nothin.

I considered including Defense but wanted to start with O first. 

Barry in the run game. After that I got nothing. 

13 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Mo Barry

Dicaprio Bootle

Ben Stille

Khalil Davis
Tyrin Ferguson

Hopefully, an Alex Davis/Guy Thomas/Caleb Tannor step up as well. 

That's all I got. 

I'm trying to not make disparaging comments about individual players anymore...but I think Ferguson and Barry are the only serviceable guys on that list above out of those that have seen significant playing time this season.

Tannor and Thomas might be better and could be those guys next season. Too early to tell for me.

2 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Playmakers aren't the problem.  Give me two solid lines offense and defense and it makes average players look like playmakers.

That's the point though. We don't have the horses in the stable on the defensive line to have a "solid defensive line."

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Absolutely.  Sorry if that came off like I was arguing with you.  I actually agree with you 100%.  

Once Martinez dials in a few of those throws/reads/decisions .... watch out.

If they can get to 21-24 points in the first half, watch out is right. 

Frost has a tough job ahead of him. I don’t put as much faith in stars and high school stats ,so I think player evaluation and development means a hell of a lot more than message board worship.

I’m pretty confident that Frost will bring in the right kind of guys.

I think it would be much easier if we were in the Big 12 or PAC ,but this is what he signed up for.