Jump to content
Warrior10

Play Makers

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

This is basically what makes me chuckle about about the complains about our offense.  Yes, it could be more consistent.  Yes, Martinez has missed a few guys.

 

Other than the Michigan game, we are averaging 502 yards per game.  That would be #11 in the country.  If we were more consistent and Martinez wasn't missing some guys we would be where?  Averaging 600 yards per game?  More than that???  Alabama is currently leading the country at 567.

 

With a true freshman QB, a true freshman RB and a Sophomore WR doing a lot of the work (not trying to slight Oz, just highlighting the young guys).

200+yards in the first half* ;). It's not just on Adrian. I know that, but if we are going to sing his praises, then it must be pointed out that our starting QB is hurting us at times. Doesn't mean it will never get better. But so many of those yards need to start happening from the jump, and not in garbage time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

200+yards in the first half* ;). It's not just on Adrian. I know that, but if we are going to sing his praises, then it must be pointed out that our starting QB is hurting us at times. Doesn't mean it will never get better. But so many of those yards need to start happening from the jump, and not in garbage time.

 

Absolutely.  Sorry if that came off like I was arguing with you.  I actually agree with you 100%.  

 

Once Martinez dials in a few of those throws/reads/decisions .... watch out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the OP said "offensive play makers." But maybe we need a thread for who will be a defensive play maker next season.

And I would say that I got nothin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Undone said:

I know that the OP said "offensive play makers." But maybe we need a thread for who will be a defensive play maker next season.

And I would say that I got nothin.

Mo Barry

Dicaprio Bootle

Ben Stille

Khalil Davis
Tyrin Ferguson

Hopefully, an Alex Davis/Guy Thomas/Caleb Tannor step up as well. 

That's all I got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Undone said:

I know that the OP said "offensive play makers." But maybe we need a thread for who will be a defensive play maker next season.

And I would say that I got nothin.

I considered including Defense but wanted to start with O first. 

 

 

 

Barry in the run game. After that I got nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Mo Barry

Dicaprio Bootle

Ben Stille

Khalil Davis
Tyrin Ferguson

Hopefully, an Alex Davis/Guy Thomas/Caleb Tannor step up as well. 

That's all I got. 

 

I'm trying to not make disparaging comments about individual players anymore...but I think Ferguson and Barry are the only serviceable guys on that list above out of those that have seen significant playing time this season.

Tannor and Thomas might be better and could be those guys next season. Too early to tell for me.
 

2 minutes ago, RavHuskr said:

Playmakers aren't the problem.  Give me two solid lines offense and defense and it makes average players look like playmakers.

 

 

That's the point though. We don't have the horses in the stable on the defensive line to have a "solid defensive line."

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@Warrior10

 

Your post seemed like it l had a tone of oh no what are we going to do??  At least that's what I thought anyway.  Apologies.

Am I concerned we lack playmakers, yes. Am I concerned about where Frost has us going, hell nah. No worries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

Absolutely.  Sorry if that came off like I was arguing with you.  I actually agree with you 100%.  

 

Once Martinez dials in a few of those throws/reads/decisions .... watch out.

If they can get to 21-24 points in the first half, watch out is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can have the best play makers in the country, we can have 5 star recruits lining up all over the skill player positions, but it means nothing if we don't have an offensive line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

We can have the best play makers in the country, we can have 5 star recruits lining up all over the skill player positions, but it means nothing if we don't have an offensive line.

Very true. I personally believe our top 3 olinemen right now are Sophomores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frost has a tough job ahead of him. I don’t put as much faith in stars and high school stats ,so I think player evaluation and development means a hell of a lot more than message board worship.

I’m pretty confident that Frost will bring in the right kind of guys.

I think it would be much easier if we were in the Big 12 or PAC ,but this is what he signed up for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...