Nebraska is a 5 point favorite vs Minnesota

BoSolich

We are the better team on paper, based on what I look at (which doesn't include penalty yardage, to be fair).  My concern would be that the Gophers have their ground game figured out now...because they certainly hadn't through several games this season.  Turnovers have been an even bigger problem for them than for us but I'm not confident we can take advantage of their young QB.  Home field is worth some points and then I'm sure we've already been discussing what the (Vegas) line means enough already...

On 10/14/2018 at 9:30 PM, VectorVictor said:

Why this spread? 

Because Vegas, unlike some of the supposed Nebraska “fans” in other threads, have seen what most of the sane, rational fan base has witnessed—that there has been progress made, that the team is getting better, and they’re getting close to turning the corner.

And lest anyone forget...Vegas is in the business of making money. They have zero f***s to give about the feelings of Nebraska fans. They’re using their own eyeballs and making a judgement call. 

Your post raises a good point. I'd actually like to meet the people who make these lines. I bet there is a lot they could tell us we might not be seeing.

22 hours ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I am actually taking this bet.  UM played Ohio State tough, but failed to impress me in any of their wins.  Injuries have hurt them a lot and Maryland's speed walked up and down the field on them.  I say Nebraska 31, Minnesota 23.   Yes, I am putting my money where my mouth is here.  

This is the easiest grand I will make all year.