Minnesota Week Pressers

Mavric

I always hear about some of the defensive guys saying positive things, showing hunger, mostly it's the skill players saying motivating things, showing some grit and fight in these pressers.

Offensive Line? Nothing. Or maybe they do and I have just ignored them now since they came out and talked about how they'd never let the performance vs Tennessee happen again, but that performance has happened every game since. This is the unit we need most to take things personally, and get mad.

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

I always hear about some of the defensive guys saying positive things, showing hunger, mostly it's the skill players saying motivating things, showing some grit and fight in these pressers.

Offensive Line? Nothing. Or maybe they do and I have just ignored them now since they came out and talked about how they'd never let the performance vs Tennessee happen again, but that performance has happened every game since. This is the unit we need most to take things personally, and get mad.

Tanner Farmer did it a lot...

Sorry I need substance with a rah rah speech. You tell me guys need to be in the weight room more often, well a true leader doesn't just say that and call out his unit in a press conference and leave it at that, a leader makes sure everyone is in the weight room longer, and everyone is giving their 110%, and a leader leaves last to make sure everyone got the job done for the day. If someone is going soft in practice you call them out in practice and get them to do better. 

rah rah speeches are fine, but they look silly when there is no substance to back it up.

• Plus1 1

57 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Minnesota didn't even score in the two games after they beat Nebraska last year, so it's not like their offense was amazing then either.

That said, I hope you're right and I hope the defense plays their best game in a few years.

Well when you put it that way I guess it's time to worry after all  :o

Let's hope not.

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

Sorry I need substance with a rah rah speech. You tell me guys need to be in the weight room more often, well a true leader doesn't just say that and call out his unit in a press conference and leave it at that, a leader makes sure everyone is in the weight room longer, and everyone is giving their 110%, and a leader leaves last to make sure everyone got the job done for the day. If someone is going soft in practice you call them out in practice and get them to do better. 

rah rah speeches are fine, but they look silly when there is no substance to back it up.

It's literally impossible to have substance in a rah rah speech if your definition of substance involves the weight room and practice. Do we know whether Farmer holds teammates accountable or not? You pointed out defensive and skill position players saying "positive" and "motivating" things, but I see no difference between those and Farmer. Also hard to argue the defense in particular has been better than the o-line.

All of the speeches need to validated on the field, and I think they will be. But saying some are good and others not without knowing what the individual players do during the week is pretty arbitrary. 

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

Did someone actually say guys need to be in the weight room more often? I didn't watch all of the interviews.

2 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

plz advise on how Farmer has been doing in the weight room, I am curious 

Antonio Reed still not practicing after being injured against Northwestern

Deontre Thomas may redshirt as his hand injury is keeping him from getting reps

Freedom said the film review was short Sunday because there weren't near as many mistakes to go over compared to previous games.  Obviously there would have been plenty in the last five minutes but I'd say that's a legit statement about the first 55.

• Plus1 1