NU Alternate/Throwback Unis for Illinois

On 10/15/2018 at 1:31 PM, Redux said:

This is a spectacular throwback, anyone who disagrees is a commie.

I actually really love these and am surprised that so few people do honestly. Most know me as a pretty consistent critic of Adidas but I think they've mostly done great on our alternates the last three years now.

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I actually really love these and am surprised that so few people do honestly. Most know me as a pretty consistent critic of Adidas but I think they've mostly done great on our alternates the last three years now.

Mostly because they haven't had to come up with anything new.  Just tweaking something that was already created by someone else.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If i tune into the game, I wouldn’t even notice they are wearing alternates. 

Why do it then?

You probably would if you watch lsu with any sort of consistency. 

Would be the same thing that the casual cfb fan would say about a couple of our red ones over the past few years years, I'd imagine. 

On 10/16/2018 at 11:00 AM, ZRod said:

Titanium dioxide? Who knows? How would you see a painted white stitch on a painted white helmet? Why waiste the time designing an outline, and why not just put a solid color print like they did? Why are we still discussing this?

I realize what you’re saying isn’t what Moiraine was talking about, but do we really want to be using an outfitter that’s thinking “oh, this will do, we don’t need to put in more effort/money if nobody can tell the difference”?

There’s always someone who can tell a difference. Your average person couldn’t tell you the difference between oxfords and derby shoes, but for the ones that appreciate those things, it makes them that much finer.

Much like those LSU helmets; if they’re gold under the lights, what’s the point of having irredescent helmets vs. just having the gold helmets? Because there’s an actual reason for it. If you’re going to do something, do it right.