NU Alternate/Throwback Unis for Illinois

14 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

I realize what you’re saying isn’t what Moiraine was talking about, but do we really want to be using an outfitter that’s thinking “oh, this will do, we don’t need to put in more effort/money if nobody can tell the difference”?

There’s always someone who can tell a difference. Your average person couldn’t tell you the difference between oxfords and derby shoes, but for the ones that appreciate those things, it makes them that much finer.

Much like those LSU helmets; if they’re gold under the lights, what’s the point of having irredescent helmets vs. just having the gold helmets? Because there’s an actual reason for it. If you’re going to do something, do it right.

Money always wins...

I like these. Seems like people complain every year about alternates. I literally have not seen people say "I like those" about an alternative uniform as a majority, ever, its always just bitching. The only uniforms that were ever truly garbage were the duct tape unis and the ones with the big N against wisconsin

10 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

I like these. Seems like people complain every year about alternates. I literally have not seen people say "I like those" about an alternative uniform as a majority, ever, its always just bitching. The only uniforms that were ever truly garbage were the duct tape unis and the ones with the big N against wisconsin

There is a segment of our fan base that is going to bitch about alternates no matter what.

• Plus1 3

• 3 weeks later...

I do not mind the jersey or pants.  They don't look much different than what the regular ones look like. Now the helmet is a different story.  Hideous.  Embarrassing.  Head scratcher.  Most people will look at them and think, "What the hell do they represent?".  Leave them in the equipment room and wear the standard N helmet.  When Nebraska first entered the Big Ten and played in Minnesota for the first time {where I live} of course I attended the game.  I had friends who were also there who told me just seeing that white helmet with the simple red N on the side put chills down their spine.  Why change THAT?!?!