NU Alternate/Throwback Unis for Illinois

3 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

One of these is not like the other ;)

Weird! Imgur said there was an error while I was copying the links but I didn't see that until you pointed it out.  Wonder how that image got in there.

Here's Adidas' explanation for why they chose these unis:

2018 marks 100 years since the culmination of World War I (WWI). The new adidas Primeknit A1 ‘Memorial Tribute’ alternate uniforms pay tribute to the 100th anniversary of the end of the WWI, while also celebrating Memorial Stadium. The venue was originally named Memorial Stadium to honor the 751 Nebraskans who died in WWI and those who served in the Civil War, Spanish-American Wars. The stadium has since been dedicated to honoring all the Nebraskans who have served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam and more.

In collaboration with University of Nebraska Athletics, the new adidas Primeknit A1 ‘Memorial Tribute’ alternate uniform was specifically inspired by the first team to play in Memorial Stadium and continues the school’s age-old tradition of honoring Nebraska’s veterans. The field hosted its first football game on October 20, 1923 and this will be the Huskers’ 96th season at the stadium.

Similar to the 1923 Huskers’ jerseys, the 2018 Nebraska ‘Memorial Tribute’ uniform features a throwback tonal, paneled front. The buff-colored pant is designed to resemble the first façade of Memorial Stadium, which was also a characteristic of the 1923 uniform. Additionally, the new alternate uniform showcases key aspects of the 85,000-seat arena, including the numbers and fonts which were inspired by the original clock in Memorial Stadium.

Four quotes are inscribed on each corner of Nebraska’s stadium that communicate honor and glory of the state’s fallen heroes. University of Nebraska Athletics chose to showcase the quote in the Southwest corner, which is centered above each number on the back of the jerseys. It reads, “Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory.” The words have gone on to become famous among Husker Nation and are a motto for the team.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't get the confusion on the helmet.  It's an obvious attempt by the helmet designer to replicate a white leather helmet, which would have been historically correct.

Yup. Lots of negativity by our whiny fanbase about everything right now.. I'm not even talking on here, check twitter, I couldn't find someone who liked the alternates.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

We have a new leader in the clubhouse for "Ugliest Alt Unis", as these have dethroned the Yo Noid! jerseys. 

Yeah not even close. 2014 will never be beat as the worst and seriously doubt you were at that game if you disagree