Rank the alternates

knapplc

Best alternate uniforms  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also - to those of you who pay more attention to uniforms than I do - there were no alternates in 2010 and 2011, right?  We did the throwback in 2009 for the 300th Sellout, then took a couple years off, and started up again in 2012 with those abominations for the Wisconsin game. 

Yes?

Just now, knapplc said:

Also - to those of you who pay more attention to uniforms than I do - there were no alternates in 2010 and 2011, right?  We did the throwback in 2009 for the 300th Sellout, then took a couple years off, and started up again in 2012 with those abominations for the Wisconsin game. 

Yes?

Correct

29 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

2013, 2009, 2017 >>>> the rest don't matter. 

Pretty much this.  

I give the nod in the "alternates" to 2013, although 2016 was pretty good.  I go with 2013 because it was an actual change in design as opposed to just messing with the colors.

For much the same reason, I think 2009, 2017 and now 2018 are in a bit of a different realm.  It doesn't take much creativity to re-do what has been done before.  I like all three but they're not quite in the same category as an "alternate" IMO.

And it appears that perhaps Adidas has figured out that their design people as so bad they've just waved the white flag on trying to create a true alternate and are just going to re-hash something that has already been done.  Which is much better than most of what else they've been doing.

If only they'd learned that lesson on the helmets.

• Plus1 1