I'm oddly encouraged by the winless season so far...

Agree completely. I’m really curious to see how we respond this week. There’s likely nothing to play for at this point besides pride and that’s a big test. Send the seniors out on a positive note, find a way to grind out as many wins as possible, and get this thing headed into the offseason with some good momentum!

I felt that Riley primarily recruited offensive talent the whole time he was here and that’s the main reason they played the Prevent to try to minimize the damage. I think that’s what got our defense here.

Maybe I’m stupid but while everyone prays for superstar recruits, I think a lot of Osborne’s success was due to locals getting in the game fresh and making a few big plays. 

Effort and comraderie goes a long way. Yeah, it would be great to have a bunch of Suh’s and Albert’s out there, but guys who are playing for something can have a big impact at this level. I think we’re seeing that from the teams we’re playing.

• Fire 1

I was sort of hoping the DC  would retort back, “I didn’t call for a 4th down play in OT, Scott.” 

At least on offense I see the idea of what they want to do. The other 2 phases of the game are an enigma. I’d rather have Frost than MR. just hope he isn’t too loyal. 

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It wasn't the wrong call with our field goal kicker and the defense's meltdown at the end of the 4th quarter, imo. I felt we really needed a TD.

Yeah, if I'm the coach, there is no way in hell I'm putting our field goal kicker on the field at that point. In fact for the rest of the season I would go for 2 on extra points and would never try a FG again. I'm not even kidding. 

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It wasn't the wrong call with our field goal kicker and the defense's meltdown at the end of the 4th quarter, imo. I felt we really needed a TD.

I was fine with the call. Obviously the play broke down but I think AM showed he has much to learn.  He launches it to the endzone but he had a open man right at the sticks.  Get the 1st down and try for the TD in the next set.

11 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

You wont see big improvement in  AM until next season.

Apparently, unlike some, my expectations for a true freshman (learning a new, complex system after missing his entire Senior football season) has been more than exceeded. Making some mistakes is part of the process, but all you have to do is think of last year to know what killer mistakes look like. It is true, however, that this year’s playing time will pay dividends next season (for multiple freshmen).

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 10/15/2018 at 11:27 PM, Moiraine said:

Considering they put a stat of something like 1 in 9 on 4th down tries this year,, i was hoping for a FG. FWIW: I was ok with Frost calling him out. Never was a fan of Chin. Pretty much all the options suck. 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:42 AM, Hilltop said:

I disagree with the AM comment.  I think we have already seen improvements.  Our QB play had been plenty good enough to win with small improvements weekly.

It sure has.  With the way the NU vs NW game played out, all Nebraska had to do was make one play on their final drive (the 99 yard one).  Instead, a questionable "roughing" the passer penalty and two 4th down conversions by them--make one more fricking play on defense and we win that game.  Nebraska is so close to winning, but it feels like we're a billion miles away.