Another Reason to Hate Iowa

21 minutes ago, jaws said:

I thought it was funny. 

OSU fans make jokes like this about Michigan and Michigan fans try to do the same back to OSU fans...even though Michigan fans have to go almost 20 years back to reference any real victories. I am sure Bama fans make fun of Auburn. Everyone likes to make fun of Texas. 

It's college football.

It is funny,  I cracked up. Have to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I gotta tell ya, if our situations were reversed, I wouldn't think twice about Iowa.

Take Colorado, for example.  They were a bitter conference rival for years. Hated each other.  Then we switched conferences and they got really, really bad. There were hardly any mentions of them here on HuskerBoard. For sure no paragraphs-long satire pieces about them.

I feel the same. I was shocked to see Iowa in the polls because I thought they were hovering around their usual .500 or so - same thought with Colorado this year. 

Although this is just one person so it's not really fair to generalize the whole based off of the individual (I still have Nebraska fans commenting on my old youtube videos fixated on Iowa/Miami/Wisconsin/etc. so they exist in our camp too). But at the end of the day fair isn't as fun so have at it.

Cue redux in 3, 2, 1....

2 hours ago, Redux said:

YEAH, WELL YOU SAY THAT WHEN MICHIGAN DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO YOU WHEN YOU'RE 0-6 AND SEE HOW FUNNY IT IS!  WE HAVE FEELINGS!  WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, WITH RIGHTS!  LEAVE US ALONE HAWKEYES!

CapturewefeqF.jpg

I lived through the 90s and Michigan would spoil OSU's season on a regular basis. Sometimes you just have to deal with it until your team turns the corner. 

15 hours ago, knapplc said:

I gotta tell ya, if our situations were reversed, I wouldn't think twice about Iowa.

Take Colorado, for example.  They were a bitter conference rival for years. Hated each other.  Then we switched conferences and they got really, really bad. There were hardly any mentions of them here on HuskerBoard. For sure no paragraphs-long satire pieces about them.

Come on man, that guys just happy his mom lets him live in her basement. Let him have his “moment”

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Redux said:

It's pretty f#&%ing sad how jealous they are of us when we are 0-6

Exactly. When they are in the middle of their average, mediocre seasons, Iowa does not enter my mind until game week. Now that they are 5-1 and ranked and Nebraska is winless, why do you as an Iowan fan care to even make fun? It's like the little brother that finally won a game and will never let you forget.

59 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Exactly. When they are in the middle of their average, mediocre seasons, Iowa does not enter my mind until game week. Now that they are 5-1 and ranked and Nebraska is winless, why do you as an Iowan fan care to even make fun? It's like the little brother that finally won a game and will never let you forget.

scrappy-doo-gif-11.gif

2 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

Even when they are 5-1 and we are 0-6 - in the back of their minds - they still wish they were Nebraska.  They also know, we will return to the top soon and they will have to hide  in their basement .... forever.