Let's Discuss Fleshed Out Ways that Trump/GOP are Compatible or Incompatible with Christianity

28 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I am registered independent or non-partisan and have views on both sides of the aisle but I am pro-choice when it comes to abortion. That does not mean I am radically opposed to pro-life. I HATE abortion but I also think it is nobody else’s business what someone else does. Some people have abortions because it could be dangerous to have the baby which is okay with me. Some people have abortions because they are pieces of s#!t and its probably a good thing because not everyone should be a parent but it shouldnt be my decision. Doesnt mean I cant think youre a POS for doing it. Im sure many people on the pro-choice side think this way. Pro-life people need to actually start being pro-life and not just pro-birth. That means stop fighting against healthcare, medicare and other programs that help families in need. 

I have no problem with what you said.  That is why I said, that the Dem party would gain more pro-life voters if they moderated some on their policy in  that area - because the  Dems tend to push other 'life' issues more than the repubs. 

27 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I think TG is more speaking towards how progressives can and do often easily label someone as backwards/archaic/bigoted for holding any sort of a pro life position. I've experienced this plenty as a fairly progressive person who has fairly mixed perspectives on abortion - it's something I'm nervous to talk about with liberals because I've experienced enough negative reactions to it. 

Yes.  Most prolifers believe in the sanctity of human life in the womb and want the baby in the womb protected as it has a right to life.  Most of us also believe their are sometimes hard choices to be made as well - esp life of the mother, or deformity of the baby is concerned.  We aren't hear to condemn anyone who may choose one way or another.  I know of women who have chosen to give birth in spite of their personal risk or in spite of the 'handicap' the baby may have.  And I know there are women who make the opposite decision.  Until you've walked in their shoes, it is difficult to fully relate to the drama involved.  Unfortunately, too often the personal side of the debate gets lost in all of the shouting.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I have no problem with what you said.  That is why I said, that the Dem party would gain more pro-life voters if they moderated some on their policy in  that area - because the  Dems tend to push other 'life' issues more than the repubs. 

I doubt it . Most anti abortionists are hard line and closed minded about it . God says it’s wrong under any circumstances from the moment of conception , it’s murder  etc, and that’s that  . Changing their mind or their votes is unlikely imo. 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:36 PM, Big Red 40 said:

Most anti abortionists are hard line and closed minded about it .

I believe your statement is lumping together a group of people with about as wide of range of views on this subject as can be.  I think when you use the word "most" you are basing this off of the most vocal members of the anti abortion crowd.

• Plus1 1
On 10/20/2018 at 10:02 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

If the GOP were truly a party led by their faith, they would be applauding this rather than the attacking them. 

Instead idiots like Gaetz are more interested in pushing racism and zany conspiracy theories to their voters.

I would love to see an open and honest discussion about what to do about this group of immigrants without the political hot potatoes being thrown around from both parties.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe your statement is lumping together a group of people with about as wide of range of views on this subject as can be.  I think when you use the word "most" you are basing this off of the most vocal members of the anti abortion crowd.

If a person bases their views about abortion strictly on the bible /Christianity i don't know what other conclusion they can come to.  Don't all forms of Christianity teach that abortion is wrong under any circumstances, and that others should be stopped from doing it too ? 

1 hour ago, Big Red 40 said:

If a person bases their views about abortion strictly on the bible /Christianity i don't know what other conclusion they can come to.  Don't all forms of Christianity teach that abortion is wrong under any circumstances, and that others should be stopped from doing it too ? 

I can't remember the last time I was in church and the priest or minister stood up and told me that I was supposed to go out and forcibly stop people from sinning.

Now, a lot of Christians feel that way when it comes to politics because, if they support a candidate who supports (in their view) sin, then in turn, they are supporting sin.

But, there is a wide range of views from people who claim to be Christians on this point.  There are lots of people who believe having an abortion themselves is wrong and they wished others wouldn't do it either.  BUT....they view their purpose on the issue is to live their lives a certain way as an example.....not as a weapon against others how "sin".

Believe it or not, there are some Christians who are Democrats who vote for pro abortion rights candidates already.  I will guarantee you that what TG is getting at is true.  There are a lot of Christians who would be open to voting for a Democrat who might not be anti-abortion, but at the same time, doesn't go totally the other direction on the issue either.