The murder of Jamal Khashoggi

A dropped bomb, even a smart bomb, can be an accident if you don't know you're hitting a bus full of children.

Even if they knew there were children inside, it's a killing at a distance, still bad but not as bloodthirsty and horrific as a hands-on torturing & dismembering of someone sitting in front of you.

Even if he wasn't an American citizen, he was an employee of an American company. 

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A dropped bomb, even a smart bomb, can be an accident if you don't know you're hitting a bus full of children.

Even if they knew there were children inside, it's a killing at a distance, still bad but not as bloodthirsty and horrific as a hands-on torturing & dismembering of someone sitting in front of you.

Even if he wasn't an American citizen, he was an employee of an American company. 

A state sponsored assassination,  ordered by the highest member of the state no less.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, Frott Scost said:

This administration is all about making friends with and defending countries that murder people just because (Saudi Arabia, Russia, NK, etc) while at the same time criticizing and pushing away our long time allies. I just hope our allies forgive us when Trump is gone. 

Yes, and some got upset because Obama sent the Churchill  bust back to Brittan as if he was severing a long standing relationship.  But we got Trump back slapping every dictator he meets and turning the heat on our trading and NATO friends.   Trump, the would be if "only the constitution allowed it dictator" envies the control these thugs 'get to have' in their nations.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Idiot.....

I linked to this story a few days ago.  This is not really just a theory, this was reported on by numerous outlets. 

The salient paragraph that Castro is referring to:

What exactly Kushner and the Saudi royal talked about in Riyadh may be known only to them, but after the meeting, Crown Prince Mohammed told confidants that Kushner had discussed the names of Saudis disloyal to the crown prince, according to three sources who have been in contact with members of the Saudi and Emirati royal families since the crackdown. Kushner, through his attorney’s spokesperson, denies having done so.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I linked to this story a few days ago.  This is not really just a theory, this was reported on by numerous outlets. 

The salient paragraph that Castro is referring to:

It was also reported on in March which, imo, makes it more believable. It’s not someone taking advantage of what happened to Khashoggi.

If the Saudi Arabians were so obsessed they told Khashoggi to stop saying bad things about Trump (see earlier article I posted) and then murdered him, it wouldn’t be all that shocking if his name was brought up with Kushner.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The Saudis are claiming Khashoggi's death started as a fist fight.

Ya, I'm sure the 15 of them had a load of trouble restraining a 59 year old who was alone.

It's pretty clear whatever the Saudis are claiming will be a lie, but that is a pretty sad one right there.

• Plus1 1