OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fritzsche commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Athletic enough to play tight end, with a frame to play oline? Sounds about like what we need. If we can close on Benhart and keep Bland for more immediate help, this offensive line class would certainly be a win. Lynn, Anderson, and an athletic kid like this as down the road help would be reason for more optimism on the offensive line.

I am certainly not someone who knows a lot about offensive line film but one thing to love about this kid is while he's obviously not the most strong kid, he is able to stay in front of the pass rusher in protection. Had a variety of moves put on him and he was able to mirror them all pretty well. Granted it's a HUDL highlight so it's positive moments, but you see a lot of kids with a heavier frame not be able to move like this he can. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jimmy Fritzsche

4 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Weird that he has no offers from a SC school.

Anderson didn't have any offers from his state schools either I believe. We need depth bad at OT. We have one true OT on roster IMO. Benhart is massive for us because it allows us to get guys like this to develop. Him and Anderson have the frame, just need the weight.

Edit: disregard, Anderson had a few. 

7 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Anderson didn't have any offers from his state schools either I believe. We need depth bad at OT. We have one true OT on roster IMO. Benhart is massive for us because it allows us to get guys like this to develop. Him and Anderson have the frame, just need the weight.

Edit: disregard, Anderson had a few. 

This comes back to the question about cant we find guys closer to home who need to be developed?

I am not against guys like Jimmy but sometimes it feels we take shots on guys who are pretty far away.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic