OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fritzsche commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

From that OWH article: Fritzsche has been at Greenville for two seasons. He arrived at 185 pounds. He’s now 240. “He fell in love with the weight room,” Crane said.

Wonder how big he can get when Duval & co get a hold of him...

• Plus1 2

On 12/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, LumberJackSker said:

There are dozens of players on this team that probably wouldn't be at Nebraska if their big instate or regional school offered

Yes, it's not ideal but this is the real world we're talking about. The majority of guys in CFB didn't get their dream offer, but the real players bust their a$$ either way. Provided Fritzsche is a real player this is a non-issue. 

I think Frost and company are counting on getting players the Alabamas, the OSUs, etc. are either ignoring or don’t have room for. I could see where if OU had offered Nance, he may had been a Sooner. As success is achieved for the Corn — conference championships, NC contenders —there will be more out-of-state players who will dream of wanting to come to Lincoln. 

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

A great feeling about this class when the lowest rated guy in our class is a player from SC that we beat Clemson for.  According to his 247 file he ran a 4.9 40 yard dash and has the frame to play at above 300 and not lose any movement capabilities.  I understand that the kid is a project and therefore he is rated so low, but it is not hard to see the potential for this kid.  

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

A great feeling about this class when the lowest rated guy in our class is a player from SC that we beat Clemson for.  According to his 247 file he ran a 4.9 40 yard dash and has the frame to play at above 300 and not lose any movement capabilities.  I understand that the kid is a project and therefore he is rated so low, but it is not hard to see the potential for this kid.  

Dabo wanted him bad, couldn’t risk overfilling class though at the early signing day.

2 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Fritzsche needed to go to a school that could transform him into that prototype Tackle, Clemson was a good option but their class was too tight. I feel pretty comfortable with saying that Nebraska can transform him just as well with our S&C program now. The way I see it is Clemson wanted him as a possible alternative if they don't attain a four or five star tackle in the next few years to play whatever side he will play.

I'm speculating a bit, but sure glad he chose Nebraska.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Fritzsche ready to be part of that B1G life at Nebraska

Jimmy Fritzsche can get to the Clemson campus in less than an hour. Dabo Swinney's folksy charm can be breathed in daily from that distance. But then, his family could also probably star in a BTN commercial with some cheerful music bouncing in the background. Because the Big Ten has a big limb on the family tree here. Grandpa played ball in at Ohio State, and his dad, Jim, played at Purdue.

And this is just a slice of why, last December, when Fritzsche had the biggest decision of his life to make between going to Nebraska and a late offer from in-state Clemson, the O-lineman made the move someone looking in from the outside would least expect.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...