OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

60 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fritzsche commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Plot twist, he signs with Clemson and screws up their recruiting and we get a 5 star they were originally going to get out of nowhere just to piss Clemson coaching staff off.

Edit:  if he tries to sign with Clemson can they not accept it and would he lose a year of eligibility?

They wouldnt give him the paperwork

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ADS said:

Here’s what I read happened:

- Nebraska said we want you now and want you to sign.

- Clemson says we want you now too.

- Fritzsche informs Clemson he’s going to sign.

- They say that they’re still waiting on a few guys decisions and would prefer he wait.

Not sure if this is exactly right but it's pretty close.

Clemson is going a different direction now.  Not sure if something else has changed since they offered Fritzsche or they were just trying to keep him as a Plan B all along.  But at this point they are going after someone else so Jimmy will be :bigredn: tomorrow

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't quite know how I feel knowing we're this kid's second choice, and the only reason he's coming here is via a technicality. 

If it is a technicality that we win over the number 2 team in the country that happens to be the home team, then I am fine with it.  Cant blame a kid for struggling with that decision.  But, if it was some mediocre team with no geographical connection then I would not feel great about this decision.  

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't quite know how I feel knowing we're this kid's second choice, and the only reason he's coming here is via a technicality. 

This is a kid from South Carolina. There is no shame in being his second choice to a Clemson team in his own state that has been all the hotness the past few years. Especially since NU has not been very good in his lifetime. We take a lot of recruits who maybe would have chosen other schools if they had been offered. But we all know we are on the right path now, and if he can develop as a player, and have that chip on his shoulder for only being a plan B for Clemson, then maybe when we meet Clemson in the playoffs in a couple of years, this kid will be ready to tear some a$$.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jimmy Fritzsche [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic