Stealing Nebraska's identity

8 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

What a cute little crush you have on the coach and his teenage picture. LOL.  

I do have to say I have heard waaay too many times in sports people who think they know the result of a game before it’s played, or the result of a season or many things like that. All to be proven false. Nothing is impossible or that unlikely. We have been a crappy program for 15 years and still average top 25 classes. What do you think would happen when we get better and win games? Recruiting gets better and on and on. 

I heard the narrative that because all those reasons above and a few more that a team can’t dominate college football anymore. Too much parody- then Alabama happened. 

The right coach, right scheme etc is all it takes for Nebraska to climb on top. We have a young, aggressive coach who doesn’t accept no for an answer so he will push and adapt until he gets the team where he wants it. There is nothing more dangerous than a man with ambition. So saying it can’t be done or unlikely sounds like the national media in 1995 saying we have no chance against Florida because we can’t play on natural grass 

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I do have to say I have heard waaay too many times in sports people who think they know the result of a game before it’s played, or the result of a season or many things like that. All to be proven false. Nothing is impossible or that unlikely. We have been a crappy program for 15 years and still average top 25 classes. What do you think would happen when we get better and win games? Recruiting gets better and on and on. 

I heard the narrative that because all those reasons above and a few more that a team can’t dominate college football anymore. Too much parody- then Alabama happened. 

The right coach, right scheme etc is all it takes for Nebraska to climb on top. We have a young, aggressive coach who doesn’t accept no for an answer so he will push and adapt until he gets the team where he wants it. There is nothing more dangerous than a man with ambition. So saying it can’t be done or unlikely sounds like the national media in 1995 saying we have no chance against Florida because we can’t play on natural grass 

Let's work on winning a game first.  

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yeah, it gets old hearing about all the reasons we can’t do it.

Sure, we very well may never get back to Championship level football. Lots of programs around the country aren’t at that level either. However, I’m never, ever going to stop believing it can happen. Regardless of all the obstacles.

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yeah, it gets old hearing about all the reasons we can’t do it.

Sure, we very well may never get back to Championship level football. Lots of programs around the country aren’t at that level either. However, I’m never, ever going to stop believing it can happen. Regardless of all the obstacles.

Absolutely. I remember when people said Osborne would never win unless he changed his offense. The option game was outdated. We won some championships with that offense. Frost can get it done. Gotta believe.

8 hours ago, Undone said:

**Standard disclaimer** Our program is a dumpster fire and Wisconsin is a Top 25 team; I'd do terrible things to have traded our cumulative record for theirs over the past five seasons. 

But...

Wisconsin won a couple conference titles prior to Urban Meyer and James Franklin getting their programs rolling, but once those two guys got things off the ground it's been obvious that Wisconsin isn't even in their tier.

You can't compete seriously with Top 10 opponents with the recruiting they have. And the only time they've had a really good quarterback in recent years was when Russell Wilson transferred in. 

So it's funny to me how life-long Husker fans gush over their program, when in reality they're a program that will never win a national championship and won't win a conference title unless Urban or James Franklin get fired, go to the NFL, or take up a meth smoking habit.

Never is a bit of an over-statement don't you think?

And let me ask you: From 2011 (our first season in the BIG) to this very moment--whose record would you rather have, Nebraska's or Wisconsin's?

The (our) hope is that Coach Frost can take Nebraska to Urban Meyer/Ohio State and Nick Saban/Alabama's level.  That is the hope for the future. 

But in the theoretical meantime, if I could swap Nebraska's W/L record with Wisconsin's these last 8 years...I would do it in a heartbeat as would any other Husker fan.

7 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Never is a bit of an over-statement don't you think?

And let me ask you: From 2011 (our first season in the BIG) to this very moment--whose record would you rather have, Nebraska's or Wisconsin's?

The (our) hope is that Coach Frost can take Nebraska to Urban Meyer/Ohio State and Nick Saban/Alabama's level.  That is the hope for the future. 

But in the theoretical meantime, if I could swap Nebraska's W/L record with Wisconsin's these last 8 years...I would do it in a heartbeat as would any other Husker fan.

You do realize he wasn't talking about the past right?  If all we're striving for is winning the division, we should have stayed in the Big 12 and kept Bo as our coach. 

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, ScottyIce said:

Okay...

You're right on a lot of accounts, but with Wisconsin, it just feels like this is always as good as they are going to be. It doesn't feel like they are ever going to take out the big boys. What is their recent record against tOSU, Michigan and Penn State since 2012?

1-9

Iowa is 3-5 in the same time frame. Nebraska is.... 4-5.

That's exactly where we were with Bo. Winning tons of games but never over the hump.

So is that where you wish we were? Back with Bo doing that?

Frost is going to do that and more. 

Pelini had the team we wish we had now. Keeping a couple pervs on staff, one being his big brother who he drug along with him, was a poor choice. Maybe Frost will get us back to that and then be able to bring in some elite players....who knows? Even legendary Coach Snyder at K State is having trouble recruiting out here and he still plays in Oklahoma and Texas.