*** 2018 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Minnesota at Nebraska***

Saunders

2018 Game 7 “Expert” Picks: Minnesota @ Nebraska

—————
CollegeFootballNews.com
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10/minnesota-vs-nebraska-fearless-prediction-game-preview
One Reason Why Minnesota Will Win
Give it enough time, and Nebraska will find a way to screw it up. It took something special to gack away the Northwestern game, and the Huskers did it with yet another ill-timed penalty, too many issues with the pass defense, and a meltdown in overtime. Minnesota could use the help. In a game like this where the little things will be the difference, the Huskers are going to commit ten penalties, and Minnesota – one of the least penalized teams in the country – should be a +50 yards on flags, at least. Yes, the Gopher offense is having problems without Rodney Smith for the running game, and Zack Annextad is growing into the passing game, throwing for 218 yards in each of the last two games, but …
One Reason Why Nebraska Will Win
Annexstad is throwing a whole slew of picks. The young Gopher freshman has had to press, and the problems are coming with seven interceptions in the last three games after failing to throw one in first three games. Like Minnesota, the Huskers need all the help they can get. There’s a whole lot to really, really like. Adrian Martinez continues to be great, showing the promise and potential to be something special in the near future. The receiving corps is still terrific, and the running game is rocking, with 230 yards or more in three of the last four games. If the Huskers can get out to a hot start, Minnesota won’t be able to keep up or comeback. They’re overdue to get out to a big, big start … and then hang on.
What’s Going To Happen
Nebraska simply doesn’t know how to win. But at some point, it’s going to happen. And this is it. Minnesota’s defense isn’t a brick wall, the offense can’t run well enough, and the offense doesn’t have the pop to keep up once Martinez and company go off. Nebraska’s passing game is going to hit the 300-yard mark, and for the Husker fans and team that have gone through a nasty start, they’re about to come up with their UCLA vs. Cal moment. It’ll be a cathartic win, even if the fans aren’t comfortable until the final gun.
Nebraska 34 - Minnesota 24
—————
ESPN FPI
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401013332
Minnesota - 57.8% Win
—————
Bill Connelly S&P+
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/18/17993614/college-football-picks-week-8-2018-predictions-odds-spreads
S&P+: Minnesota 27 - Nebraska 25 (54.3% M Win)
F+ Projection: Minnesota by 5 (60.9% M Win)
—————

DRatings
http://www.dratings.com/predictor/ncaa-football-predictions/
Minnesota 26 - Nebraska 25 (53.1% Minnesota Win)
—————
Ed Feng, The Power Rank
https://thepowerrank.com/predictions/
Nebraska (70) will beat Minnesota (57) by 0.3 at home. Minnesota has a 49% chance of beating Nebraska.
—————
Athlon Sports
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-picks-expert-predictions-every-game-week-8-2018
Steven Lassan: N
Mitch Light : N
—————
Big Red Wrap-Up
http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/big-red-wrap-minnesota-prediction-5
Kevin Kugler: Nebraska 24 - Minnesota 23
Jay More: Nebraska 31 - Minnesota 24
Steven M Sipple: Nebraska 27 - Minnesota 24
—————

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

blind sow finally finds acorn.......headline.

or.......no, not again?  

I think we find the acorn Saturday. The collegefootballnews guys summed it up pretty well. If we can start strong offensively I don't see Minny keeping up. Now can we start strong without a bunch of mistakes is a real question.

• Plus1 1

Collegefootballnews.com, are you sure Minnesota can't run the ball?  'Cause it seemed like we ran for 178 against Ohio State last week and 903 so far this season.  And I can't be sure, but I thought our leading rusher was averaging 5.8 ypc so far in 2018.

But I'm probably wrong, and those stats are probably made up or something.  So we can't run.  And our walk-on freshman QB probably doesn't have almost exactly the same stats as Nebraska's "something special" freshman QB.  And I'm probably mistaken in thinking that our defense is yielding 14 fewer points per game than the Black Shi*ts.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Collegefootballnews.com, are you sure Minnesota can't run the ball?  'Cause it seemed like we ran for 178 against Ohio State last week and 903 so far this season.  And I can't be sure, but I thought our leading rusher was averaging 5.8 ypc so far in 2018.

But I'm probably wrong, and those stats are probably made up or something.  So we can't run.  And our walk-on freshman QB probably doesn't have almost exactly the same stats as Nebraska's "something special" freshman QB.  And I'm probably mistaken in thinking that our defense is yielding 14 fewer points per game than the Black Shi*ts.

Let's be honest--Minnesota's running game isn't *THAT* bad. But it's nowhere close to being 178 good against Ohio State unless Ohio State decides to sell out in defending the pass...which is exactly what happened last week. 

But don't worry, our patented ¡Olé!(tm) 3-4 defense specializes in making moribund running games look spectacular. So don't be shocked if you clock north of 200 yards rushing--It's Nebraska Nice. 

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Agreed

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Let's be honest--Minnesota's running game isn't *THAT* bad. But it's nowhere close to being 178 good against Ohio State unless Ohio State decides to sell out in defending the pass...which is exactly what happened last week. 

But don't worry, our patented ¡Olé!(tm) 3-4 defense specializes in making moribund running games look spectacular. So don't be shocked if you clock north of 200 yards rushing--It's Nebraska Nice. 

Let's be honest.  Northwester proved you don't even ever have to call a run play to beat us.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Let's be honest.  Northwester proved you don't even ever have to call a run play to beat us.

Are we implying our pass defense is suspect here, or are we implying the zebras royally screwed us?

Mind you, both answers are right, just curious which one you were going for. :)

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Are we implying our pass defense is suspect here, or are we implying the zebras royally screwed us?

Mind you, both answers are right, just curious which one you were going for. :)

Northwestern didn't pass 163 times in one game because the "zebras royally screwed us".

Have a better pass defense and the "zebras" are a non-factor.

• Plus1 2

Minnesota - Zack Annexstad: 88/167 (53%) for 1142 yards, 8 TD and 7 INT, 20 rushes for -86 yards 0 TDs, 176 total yds/game

Nebraska - Adrian Martinez: 96-154 (62%) for 1167 yards, 6 TD and 5 INT, 66 rushes for 290 yards 3 TDs, 291.4 total yds/game

Highlighted some key differences for you, including the fact the Martinez missed a game. Technically missed half a game against Michigan too, but it counts as a full game for the yardage rate. I think Annexstad will be solid, but you're delusional if you think they've been roughly equivalent.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4