LET'S! GET! HYPOTHETICAL! GAME 7

19 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder if any team has ever starter 0-6 and ended 7-6.

Obviously we have a pretty huge obstacle called Ohio State and another one called penalties and turnovers, but this is the hypothetical topic.

Could Coach Frost break yet another record?

Would be awesome. I feel like tOSU is definitely on tilt, so might be our best chance in a few years to beat them.

Michigan State has been playing better with the PSU victory and Iowa is Iowa.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:32 AM, VectorVictor said:

Um...so, one of the criteria for a 5-7 team being picked is graduation rates and academic compliance...and I thought I had read somewhere that this went down a bit while Riley was f*****g things up here. 

So that just puts us that much lower on the list, should we even get to 5-7. 

yes, but we will have the better story guarantied.  Frost comes home to NU.  Struggles in 1st 6 games.  All of a sudden he and team with 5  out of 6 - What a compelling story - to get viewers to watch on those TV tubes.  :tv

23 hours ago, TGHusker said:

yes, but we will have the better story guarantied.  Frost comes home to NU.  Struggles in 1st 6 games.  All of a sudden he and team with 5  out of 6 - What a compelling story - to get viewers to watch on those TV tubes.  :tv

I'm not disagreeing that Nebraska would be a more compelling opponent. I'm saying when it comes to the pecking order, it doesn't matter--the teams are available based on where they are based on their AD's overall academic ratings. So if we're seventh on the list, and there's only four open spots, we're s*** outta luck, compelling story or no.

Remember--the whole point of this 5-7 exercise is to reward schools that are doing things right, but aren't seeing ideal results on the field.

Well...that, and to fill bowl slots. :D

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

I'm not disagreeing that Nebraska would be a more compelling opponent. I'm saying when it comes to the pecking order, it doesn't matter--the teams are available based on where they are based on their AD's overall academic ratings. So if we're seventh on the list, and there's only four open spots, we're s*** outta luck, compelling story or no.

Remember--the whole point of this 5-7 exercise is to reward schools that are doing things right, but aren't seeing ideal results on the field.

Well...that, and to fill bowl slots. :D

Hey and NU would fill bowl stadiums.