Would Riley Have Survived Past Season One If He Started 0-6?

Mavric

Yes..but a slow start the next year say...2-5 he maybe woulda been fired mid season or certainly at seasons end. 

frost can go 0-12 this season for all I care. As long as he’s getting the rats out and moving forward. I feel like we’re moving forward. I like where we’re headed. That’s just my gut and my eye test talking. 

10 minutes ago, I am I said:

Yes..but a slow start the next year say...2-5 he maybe woulda been fired mid season or certainly at seasons end. 

frost can go 0-12 this season for all I care. As long as he’s getting the rats out and moving forward. I feel like we’re moving forward. I like where we’re headed. That’s just my gut and my eye test talking. 

Ref the bold.  I'll admit, I have called out LJax a lot this year.  Year 3 and he looks like he finally "gets it".  I'm hoping he has another great Sat this weekend.  Other players appear to be reaching potential as well. Obviously we need talent at every level.  When is the last time you can remember this many roster shakeups, positions truly being up for grabs every week etc...Frost and Co hitting the Juco trail hard to plug some holes.  Moving forward.  Day by day....

^^

the Michigan game had a graphic of something like 53 new players, several judos, walkons etc etc. 

i couldnt belive how many new faces and players. Add in some injury and guys needing some time to learn D1 football, I’m not surprised at all where we are. A couple wins would be nice to just show the hard work is paying off. 

But that doesn’t mean they aren’t working hard. Not saying previous regime didn’t put in hours, but there wasn’t much growth. 

I see growth. 

Do we  not remember the Kool  aid drinkers? I am talking to YOU.  COME ON. SHOUT SHOUT LET IT ALL OUT. THESE ARE THE THINGS I CAN DO WITHOUT. 

Let your demons fly. No heck no. Do I need to bump my old post as a herald of the storm that came? COME ON.

As to Frost give him time.

1 hour ago, KazLong said:

Do we  not remember the Kool  aid drinkers? I am talking to YOU.  COME ON. SHOUT SHOUT LET IT ALL OUT. THESE ARE THE THINGS I CAN DO WITHOUT. 

Let your demons fly. No heck no. Do I need to bump my old post as a herald of the storm that came? COME ON.

As to Frost give him time.

And there were just as many like you who saw Riley as a failure from the start. If he would have started 0-6 this place would have gone nuclear. Its also one thing to start 0-6 after an abysmal 4-8 season the year before. But when the last coach got canned after a 9 win season 0-6 would have felt much, much different.

When we hired Mike Riley, who else immediately thought, "who the f#&% is Mike Riley"?  

Mr Nice guy was on a good will tour to fix the antics of the previous coach, either that or Eichorst just wanted us to lose, or maybe it was both.  

I was one who was on the fence about hiring Frost as he hadn't ever (head) coached a team, really regret that now.  Frost would have immediately found success as the transition from a 9-3 Pelini team which ran a somewhat similar offense would have been miles ahead of the transition we are stuck with now.  Still would have required a lot of culture changes but would have left us in a far better place.  

• Plus1 3