*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

In today's college football game, just about every team is going to give up yards and points.  Seemingly every offense runs a spread, uptempo scheme.  Every defense, no matter how well designed, has a weakness which can be exploited.

I am 100% on board with Chinander.  He's putting guys, schematically, into the right positions.  We actually got a lot of 3 and outs from the defense.

It was tough for the defense when they brought in the #2 QB...kid was a baller and not rattled at all.  I think those of you whining about how many yards and points the defense gave up today need to go back to Football 100.

Facts:

1. This is Chinander's first season.

2. In the last 5 years, Nebraska's defense has been through 4 different defensive scheme changes: Pelini, Banker, Diaco, and now Chinander.

Good gawd...stop with the "we have to fire ______ coach" crap.

Get a damn grip.  :throw

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

In today's college football game, just about every team is going to give up yards and points.  Seemingly every offense runs a spread, uptempo scheme.  Every defense, no matter how well designed, has a weakness which can be exploited.

I am 100% on board with Chinander.  He's putting guys, schematically, into the right positions.  We actually got a lot of 3 and outs from the defense.

It was tough for the defense when they brought in the #2 QB...kid was a baller and not rattled at all.  I think those of you whining about how many yards and points the defense gave up today need to go back to Football 100.

Facts:

1. This is Chinander's first season.

2. In the last 5 years, Nebraska's defense has been through 4 different defensive scheme changes: Pelini, Banker, Diaco, and now Chinander.

Good gawd...stop with the "we have to fire ______ coach" crap.

Get a damn grip.  :throw

I don't think anyone wants him fired after 7 games. Give him a couple years, but the Nebraska D is very bad. Northwestern only scored 18 on a 1-7 Rutgers team today.