*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

It sure seems that at least one time per game, we score and then give up a personal foul, or other significant penalty ,within a few plays and then the other team scores, thereby sucking the life out of us.  

I think this team needs a behavior plan to address what to do when things go right. 

On 10/20/2018 at 8:32 PM, Undone said:

That's how you blow a team out though. You pound, pound, pound...and then play action over the top to suck the life out of 'em.

Scoring 50+ in conference games will be a regular thing in the Scott Frost era, maybe even as soon as next season. Martinez is unreal.

You know what I like best about AM?  It is that finally we have a 4* rated player actually playing to, and possibly above, his ranking.  We've had several 4* rated QBs in the past 8-9 years and really none of them even came close to living up to the hype.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think they missed a block in the back at the end :)

Can't be.  The refs are always looking for ways to screw Frost.

But seriously, I actually don't think that is one.  That looks to be on the shoulder and it has to be inside (more to the middle) to be a block in the back.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:40 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

In today's college football game, just about every team is going to give up yards and points.  Seemingly every offense runs a spread, uptempo scheme.

Giving up 450 yards a game is god awful even in the context of modern college football.  It's good enough for 111th in the country.  Those other 110 teams are also playing modern college football.

Maybe Chinander is the answer.  So far the results have demonstrated the exact opposite.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You know what I like best about AM?  It is that finally we have a 4* rated player actually playing to, and possibly above, his ranking.  We've had several 4* rated QBs in the past 8-9 years and really none of them even came close to living up to the hype.  

I truly like his humility.  He is all about the team in the presser.  After Minnie he made the quote about "just doing my job".  

What's so crazy, IMHO, is that he is really "under the radar" considering the production and stats that he is putting up.  If we had more W's, the media would be talking about him a lot.....His numbers are great compared to the "recognized" QB's.  

As you mentioned above, he is playing to his potential. And this potential is still only 7 games into his career. A career that last saw him play as a junior in HS.  Another year in the S&C and another year for he entire O to learn more about the scheme and the nuances.  Another year to be coached up in the QB department...