*** Official Minnesota Game What Did We Learn Thread ***

knapplc

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Frazier was 6/14 for 105 yards passing and a touchdown, with 16 carries for 199 yards rushing and two touchdowns. Now read my post again plz :)

In 3 quarters...

However, I agree it was an epic performance especially for a freshman.  Best game by a NU QB since probably Taylor Martinez RS Freshman year.  Adrian's ceiling is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY higher than Taylor's ever was.

He is going to be fantastic.

• Plus1 3

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

In 3 quarters...

However, I agree it was an epic performance especially for a freshman.  Best game by a NU QB since probably Taylor Martinez RS Freshman year.

The only game Taylor had in his career that was even in the conversation as being as efficient/productive was Oklahoma State. Which now that I'm looking at it was probably slightly overall better, but it's minimal.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

The only game Taylor had in his career that was even in the conversation as being as efficient/productive was Oklahoma State. Which now that I'm looking at it was probably slightly overall better, but it's minimal.

Ya, that was the game I was speaking of.  Didn't he throw for 5 TD that day with very few incompletions?  I can't remember the exact stats.  Either way, my point is not to take away from today.  It was fun to watch.

I think the Offensive Line needs some shout outs.  I have hammered on them all season and for years before.  They were dominant almost all day and have actually been really good the last 4.

• Plus1 2

I learned somw Nebraska fans expect our defense to hold every single opponent to -89 yards and no points.  Hell, even then they'd probably still want to fire the DC because -89 yards wouldn't be good enough for them.

Okay so this ^^^ is clearly hyperbole on my part, but still doesn't change the fact that some members of our fanbase have incredibly unrealistic expectations for our defense.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1