*** Official Minnesota Game What Did We Learn Thread ***

knapplc

44 minutes ago, 308_Husker said:

Eric Lee made the most important play to save us in the second half. Great effort by him

Remember when Frost was saying the little things may not seem like much, but can make all the difference? He should cut out that whole sequence of events for proof. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Amazing what a reduction in penalties and turnovers will get you

The points finally match the yards!

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Adrian's ceiling is WAAAAAAAAYYYYY higher than Taylor's ever was.

I don't think we ever really got to see what T-Mart's true ceiling was. One, injuries kept his running held back, and two, I don't think Taylor ever had as good of QB coaching as Adrian is getting.

46 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Scheme and play-calling haven't really been the problem.

I'd still say that 4th quarter play calling was probably the biggest factor in the Northwestern loss. They started playing scared and it burned us.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Offense is clicking

Defense isn’t yet

Amazing what a reduction in penalties and turnovers will get you

Is that we played cleaner OR did the reffs call a more fair game?  at least one of the personal foul penalties on us was not correct 

1 hour ago, 308_Husker said:

25-29 is impressive, even if it is against a bad passing defense like Minn (and us).

We dug deep and didn't quit when we had absolutely zero momentum in the first bits of the second half. Proof these players are coming around and believing in themselves. I still dont like our mid (sometimes full) game lull, but I've gotten used to them by now

Eric Lee made the most important play to save us in the second half. Great effort by him

Talk about hustle.  Watching it again, he could have easily slowed up/given up and no one would have even known.  That's the work ethic/cultural change Frost continues to preach about and develop.

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

Was thinking tonight who steps up? Obviously Mo is well on his way to becoming the guy, but who will step up next year.

We have a couple backs committed that could do very well for us next year to go along with Mo.

Mills is an Oz type back but faster and Johnson is a speedster that can house it anytime he touches the ball. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Martinez is the real deal. Barring injury, he could compete for a Heisman or three and play on Sundays. Morgan is a baller. Spielman is a star, he catches everything near him, has unbelievable quickness, and is a very smart football player. Oz is kicking butt and he and Washington are a good one-two punch. The offensive line actually played well today. When we play relatively clean football, this team is going to be fun to watch. Frost’s playcalling is really shining too, he’s putting players in positions that suit their skills and making the defense defend the whole field.

The defense is still rough. Coverage is spotty and inconsistent. Tacking still needs a lot of work. But the biggest problem on defense is the almost non-existent pass rush. We desperately need a dominant defensive lineman or three who can get to the passer. That has to be at or near the top of the priority list in recruiting.

I love Washington, but we need a replacement for Ozigbo next year. Do we have someone similar to Buckhalter or Burkhead that is redshirting?