*** Official Minnesota Game What Did We Learn Thread ***

knapplc

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Watching Purdue manhandle Ohio state gives me hope that there is a 1% chance that we finish the season 6-6 and go bowling. I will pray really hard for that 1%. If that happens, I will give up beer for six months, one month per win.

We need to be competitive every game. This team is too schizophrenic to win 5 games, even if we are favored in every game). We will find a way to lose at least one. If we could be competitive against osu, there is a chance we could win 5 of 6 

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Then again, our defense tends to make opponents look like world beaters. 

Maybe we beat osu 84-77

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

I learned the following:

(1) Our offense has been great enough to win us many of the games we lost this year

(2) Our defense is not good enough to win us games  yet. I really think that chinander going to the booth might allow him to see the field better and make better calls. 

(3) We have NO SPECIAL TEAMS WHAT SO EVER. In fact, they are not even trying to do anything special. No great teams have ever been able to win championships without good special teams. We will not become great again until we work on having great special teams. We can sugar coat this all we want, we do not have a good special teams coach and that is plain obvious.

(4) When we only commit six penalties and get two turnovers, we win. Imagine that! If we did this in four other games, we would have easily won those games. I can easily see us 5-2 instead of 1-6. 

It is such a great feeling to win again. I feel happy for Frost and these players and hope that this is the start of something special. 

Finally, to those who post cussing and belittling other members who criticize some of the coaches, I say, get over yourselves. If we want our beloved Huskers to get back to championship form, we need to have good coaches. Frost is a good coach, chinander is not, at least not yet. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion without having others cussing at them because they stated their opinion. If you don’t like the posts, stop reading and go drink some beer.

You DO realize that Purdue just put up 500+ yards of offense and 49 points against Ohio State, RIGHT??????

So according to the "logic" from some on this board, Ohio State has no talent and OBVIOUSLY they need to fire their DC and bring in someone else who can do better.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am glad we are not playing Ohio state next week. I feel bad for whoever is playing Ohio state next week. They will be sooooo mad. May be they can play this bad against us.

No one is playing Ohio State next week, we're their next opponent two weeks from now.

• Fire 1

Ohio state is showing weakness. They lost Bose and they seem very slow today. We played Purdue much closer and could have beat them if we did not commit so many crucial penalties. Even if we go 5-7, we still have a very slim chance of going to an insignificant bowl game but that will give us a chance to keep practicing and getting better for next year. Beating Bethune cookman soundly might give this team the confidence they need to compete against Ohio state. The defense needs to play their hearts out next week to get ready for Ohio State.