*** Official Minnesota Game What Did We Learn Thread ***

knapplc

On 10/21/2018 at 5:56 AM, alexhortdog95 said:

1.  We learned that the rumors about the B1G's officiating being terrible are very true:

SmartSelect_20181020-150344_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8b5a98d88e688df7153d9f563d2beddf.jpg

How this is even possible at any point confounds me.  This is virtually and statistically impossible.

This is an amazing stat. Not in a good way. Where did you find this? This just further bolsters what we know about the officiating. This is absolutely impossible without some sort of predetermined bias. It would be impossible for every reffing crew we have had over the past two years to not call a hold on a pass play, unless it was coordinated. IMPOSSIBLE.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:56 AM, alexhortdog95 said:

1.  We learned that the rumors about the B1G's officiating being terrible are very true:

SmartSelect_20181020-150344_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8b5a98d88e688df7153d9f563d2beddf.jpg

How this is even possible at any point confounds me.  This is virtually and statistically impossible.

This officiating crew also couldn't keep up with the down marker, either...

2.  We learned that this defensive staff doesn't adjust well to the changes their opponent throws at them.  Two changes that Minny made:

A.  QB change due to injury.

B.  More Wildcat.

3. We learned that Minny's close game with the Buckeyes was more on the Buckeyes and less on Minny.  OSU looked bad last night.  I mean, REALLY bad...we are talking to the point where some of that fan base is thinking this is the end of Meyer's tenure after this season.

4.  We learned Purdue is better than their record.

5.  Learned that when this team takes their foot off the gas, the car stalls.  They pop started the clutch today, though.

6.  This stat is still screwing with me...

SmartSelect_20181020-150344_Gallery.jpg

Great post, but I don't agree on your second point. Minny made offensive adjustments that caught Nebraska off guard yes. However, the defense adjusted and stopped two red zone drives that let the offense pull ahead including an extremely short field.  They never did stop the Wildcat well but you can only use that gimmic so much. And honestly they adjusted to a backup QB they had no scouting on pretty well after the initial run. So, I'd say they adjusted well or this could have been a much closer game. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Heard this on the radio this morning:

Most yards given up by Minnesota in a single game all time

1) 1983 Nebraska (aka Scoring Explosion) - 790

2) 1998 Purdue (Drew Brees) - 692

3) 1994 Penn St (Collins, Carter, et al) - 689

4) 2018 Nebraska - 659

The ‘83 game was great. NU was the road team, so they couldn’t put in 4th and 5th teamers like they would at home. I remember a play where NU came to the line of scrimmage and Irving Fryar was left uncovered. Gill took the snap, threw it immediately to Fryar, and he took it to the house. How does a team not cover an All-American WR?