WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, r06ue1 said:

Kelly is good, but Frost is better, too bad he will learn that down the road when we haul in a natty while Notre Dame is getting blown out in every bowl game as they have done so many times in the past.  Good luck to him!  

If I understand how it will have to work for that Natty ... we will need to beat Wisky, Iowa, NW or Purdue (2 out of 4 at least) on our side and beat OSU, Mich or PSU (2 out of these 3) in a normal year and probably a team like Michigan State ... then in the B1G championship beat OSU, Mich or PSU again ... and if that happens, we get into the 4 team playoff.

So ... for me ... I like Notre Dame's chances of a Natty before us.  We are just trying to break out on top of our side of the conference ... let alone trying to match the recruiting and coaching development of OSU, Mich and Penn State.

Dang, now that I write that it feels negative ... but, it is how my mind thinks on the topic.  

I am believing Frost can change my damaged perception ... but it won't happen without him out-coaching and scheming more talented teams.

19 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

If I understand how it will have to work for that Natty ... we will need to beat Wisky, Iowa, NW or Purdue (2 out of 4 at least) on our side and beat OSU, Mich or PSU (2 out of these 3) in a normal year and probably a team like Michigan State ... then in the B1G championship beat OSU, Mich or PSU ... and if that happens, we get into the 4 team playoff.

So ... for me ... I like Notre Dame's chances of a Natty before us.  We are just trying to break out on top of our side of the conference ... let alone trying to match the recruiting and coaching development of OSU, Mich and Penn State.

Dang, now that I write that it feels negative ... but, it is how my mind thinks on the topic.  

I am believing Frost can change my damaged perception ... but it won't happen without him out-coaching and scheming more talented teams.

I think what you describe is the same challenges faced by nick saban when he took over Alabama, or bob stoops when he took over Oklahoma. Great coaches succeed. 

I do think frost one day will win a national championship for Nebraska. I actually believe more than 1. 

@Huskers93-97

The statement that was made was not about a Natty ... but a Natty before Notre Dame.  I was stating an opinion toward that statement.

Saban is a good example in my opinion.  Stoops, for me, really didn't have a tough go through the Big 12.  He was to me, a great coach, just not that tough of a conference to come out of and no one outside of Texas gets close to recruiting like them.  

9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Huskers93-97

The statement that was made was not about a Natty ... but a Natty before Notre Dame.  I was stating an opinion toward that statement.

Saban is a good example in my opinion.  Stoops, for me, really didn't have a tough go through the Big 12.  He was to me, a great coach, just not that tough of a conference to come out of and no one outside of Texas gets close to recruiting like them.  

I thought for stoops to break through, at the time of the late 90s and early 2000s. Nebraska was a power, Texas was a power, Kansas state and Colorado were tough. Mike leach had his run with Texas tech and A&M was tough as well. Early 2000s and late 90s big 12 was a big boy league 

On 7/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, r06ue1 said:

Kelly is good, but Frost is better, too bad he will learn that down the road when we haul in a natty while Notre Dame is getting blown out in every bowl game as they have done so many times in the past.  Good luck to him!  

As I stare at my degree from Nebraska, even I realize that a degree from Notre Dame is better. 

• Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

As I stare at my degree from Nebraska, even I realize that a degree from Notre Dame is better. 

I dont disagree. But from a competitive standpoint. At Notre Dame all you have to play for is National Championship or bust since they are independent. At least in the P5 conferences you can still have joy in winning a conference championship. Just my opinion, but at least if you dont compete for a Natty your season can still have purpose. 

I wish him the best.  I’m confident the staff put in a good effort (unlike prior staffs) on a talented local player.  Will not “catch’em all” too many others factors involved.  Winning bowls and winning record is a box the i can’t wait to see checked.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • 5 months later...

• Mavric changed the title to WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]