WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I realize it's the day after a holiday and everyone might be on vacation or still getting back up to speed.  But I don't see any of the recruiting services reporting an announcement today.....  :dunno

Slappin' da bass man!

Edited at 3:08 ... well, looks like the report was correct and he did choose.  No longer Slappin' da bass man!.  :-(

4 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Probably not today, but maybe if we can still get him in on his official visit and have a good season.

If we could have strung it out...maybe...but this has felt like ND for a long time. I think announcing it lets him come to terms with it.

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, brophog said:

If we could have strung it out...maybe...but this has felt like ND for a long time. I think announcing it lets him come to terms with it.

Agreed, it stings cause he is an in-state talent, but we have some other prospects and guys that I personally like better from a production standpoint.

Notre Dame is one of the few schools where I don’t feel as bad about an in state player leaving. The others are the ones that are elite as far as education like Stanford or Harvard. If a Nebraska kid chooses Harvard I’m never gonna wonder why.

And with Notre Dame we just need to make Rudy and Catholicism illegal in the state so kids don’t grow up wanting to play there :)

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Notre Dame is one of the few schools where I don’t feel as bad about an in state player leaving. The others are the ones that are elite as far as education like Stanford or Harvard. If a Nebraska kid chooses Harvard I’m never gonna wonder why.

And with Notre Dame we just need to make Rudy and Catholicism illegal in the state so kids don’t grow up wanting to play there :)

To be fair, ND is #18 academically in the U.S.

30 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Forbidden fruit makes them want it more.  I’d force feed it and make them tired of it.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

To be fair, ND is #18 academically in the U.S.

I knew they were pretty good. Still think their football history is the bigger pull and the academics are an added bonus. Whereas Stanford it's academics as the #1 reason I can see them leaving Nebraska, although their football is a lot better recently.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]