WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He hasn't qualified yet, they believe he will.  I hope to hell he does.  He is an amazing athlete and I love Nebraska Football and want him to be a game changer for us.

He wouldn't have been allowed to sign if it was a concern. He has been working hard on his grades and as long as he continues to do what he has been doing all year he will be fine. You think he's gonna blow it with a semester left? A bit unfair if you ask me. Maybe you should have kept that thought to yourself

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Dude, if you had any idea how ridiculously dumb these kids are these days...

Sorry I was a little defensive, I've had him in class and coached him. I'm not his dad, but if any of you ever met his father you would be blown away by his story.  It is really inspiring.

X is exactly what I wish every other top tier athlete would be like.  I do know that Betts may have more measurables and better testing numbers, but I also don't believe he will ever wear a Nebraska uniform (or any uniform above JUCO).  I hope I'm wrong.  For those that asked who I'd remove from this class to add X, it would be Betts.  From conversations had from Burke football coaches and Nebraska's football coaches, they felt the same way.

I'm glad he chose Notre Dame, not because of football reasons.  I would obviously have loved to see him at DONU.  It was the reason he made the choice and his motivation to be the best student he can be.  I'd never blame anyone for taking a scholarship to Notre Dame, Stanford, or some place like that.  You can't put a true value on what that degree would mean.

Was only ribbing you, but I totally believe you. 

The Betts thing is a little disheartening (and this isn't just your take) but the first top 50 ish skill player in State in however long who worked his tail off to eligibility and several fans question him ever getting on the field. Guys like Watts need those (few) like Betts to succeed to build a reputation of impact players in the state of NE who don't have a back story involving cattle and corn. 

14 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Was only ribbing you, but I totally believe you. 

The Betts thing is a little disheartening (and this isn't just your take) but the first top 50 ish skill player in State in however long who worked his tail off to eligibility and several fans question him ever getting on the field. Guys like Watts need those (few) like Betts to succeed to build a reputation of impact players in the state of NE who don't have a back story involving cattle and corn. 

100% agree with this

• 1 year later...

Not surprising at all.  When was the last time a Nebraska HS kid made a significant impact as a "skill position" player for a P5 school?  And no,TE is not a skill position.  I honestly can't remember.    Eric Crouch?  

IMO, they tend to be overrated because they shine among much less talented competition.  I'm not trying to knock NE HS football, but NE is a state that produces lineman, LB's, TE's and the occasional QB or WR.  

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Not surprising at all.  When was the last time a Nebraska HS kid made a significant impact as a "skill position" player for a P5 school?  And no,TE is not a skill position.  I honestly can't remember.    Eric Crouch?  

IMO, they tend to be overrated because they shine among much less talented competition.  I'm not trying to knock NE HS football, but NE is a state that produces lineman, LB's, TE's and the occasional QB or WR.  

Niles Paul...significant no but he was pretty good. Betts could be the next 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, Decoy73 said:

Depending on your definition of "significant", Austin Allen and Noah Vedral have been contributors.

I'm guessing they're probably not really what you're looking for so I would say Noah Fant from the class of 2016.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...