WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I was reading the thread quickly, but I don't think anyone was saying those things.

It would have been nice for him to be in, but he obviously didn't like Nebraska. The staff tried and lost out. I'm sure they have plans, and those plans may or may not still include going after this kid.

I wouldn’t say he doesn’t  like Nebraska, but he likes ND better. He certainly visited NU several times. Good luck to this kid. 

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I would prefer Ajou Ajou over one of the JUCO guys. And can we really count Betts?

I like Ajou as well but I think as time goes on he will be tougher to get. He has offers from every team and will only get better this year now that he's known

37 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I like Ajou as well but I think as time goes on he will be tougher to get. He has offers from every team and will only get better this year now that he's known

Well I'd prefer recruits we have to fight for, rather than ones no one else wants.

18 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

OWH called Watts the top recruit in the state, but I thought Betts was the consensus top recruit? I mean he just competed in The Finals and by all accounts was performing well along with the top recruits in the country. 

OWH is going with their in-house recruiting guy, who has Watts (a consensus 3 star) over Betts (flirting with his 5th star) because he "scouts the local recruits harder than the national guys". 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

OWH called Watts the top recruit in the state, but I thought Betts was the consensus top recruit? I mean he just competed in The Finals and by all accounts was performing well along with the top recruits in the country. 

Betts is the consensus among evaluators, but the word around the state is that its' Watts. Personally, I think if Betts was on Burke, and had Chadwick throwing him the football, he is a consensus 5 star and nobody is questioning it.

Watts is good though. He is a football player first, and is really the model student athlete. You would be pretty damn good with 22 Xavier Watts. Watts can be replaced on the football field, but it's the intangibles that you want. Rex was a lot like that. Not a burner or flashy, but he brought it and was so consistent in everything. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

• Mavric changed the title to WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]