The Murphinator

WR Xavier Watts

Huskerboard Predictor  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Xavier Watts

Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska

School: Burke

Position: Wide Receiver

Height: 6-1

Weight: 185

40 Time

Offers: Iowa State, Minnesota, Purdue, Nebraska, Northwestern, South Dakota State, Wisconsin

Visits: 3/15/19; 4/13/19 - Spring Game

Twitter

247 Composite: #512 Overall; #92 WR; .8728; :star:star:star

Rivals: #88 WR; :star:star:star
247: #71 WR; :star:star:star
ESPN: 

Hudl

• Plus1 1

TD number 2 from 37 yards out. Just wow.

9 catches, 149 yards, 2 TD's and just got a 2 point conversion for good measure. Oh yeah, still in the 3rd quarter

20 minutes ago, theknife said:

I work with a friend of the family who claims he is all Notre Dame if they offer. 

That will be interesting to follow.  I just looked at ND's scholarship distribution chart.  They have 12 WR's currently on scholarship that will be anywhere between juniors and redshirt freshmen next year and another 3 WR currently committed for 2019.  

On 1/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, Warrior10 said:

Talks to Rudd and Walters often. Will be at Jr Day.

No longer coming to Jr Day due to NCAA rule of having contact with coaching staff same day as a game (he has a high school basketball game)

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

• Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

Hickman did

19 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

I'd be curious to see how athletes handle that in the recruiting process. You grew up a fan of somebody - meaning you had a team you don't like. Obviously, if they're the only school that is going to give you a shot, that's one thing. But if you have options... 

I say that because I hate Iowa. lol

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

54 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

Yeah...it would be like if a native son who was the Nebraska coach decided to go visit Colorado to see if he wanted to move there.

Interview on 1620 the other morning sounds like Nebraska was an afterthought. "Oh yeah, I'm going to the Nebraska spring game." Not thinking this guy stays in state.

57 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

Interview on 1620 the other morning sounds like Nebraska was an afterthought. "Oh yeah, I'm going to the Nebraska spring game." Not thinking this guy stays in state.

He'll want to play for a winning program.  Win big this year and have a great year and he'll look harder.

1 hour ago, Sker4Ever said:

Ehhh that’s a reach. Take the context of the question and how much outside attention he’s getting. He listed off various places and I took the Nebraska spring game comment as like “oh ya and obviously Nebraska”

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, huskerguy said:

Ehhh that’s a reach. Take the context of the question and how much outside attention he’s getting. He listed off various places and I took the Nebraska spring game comment as like “oh ya and obviously Nebraska”

I think 1620 was heavy on peddling the notion that Henrich and Hickman would probably leave too.

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I think 1620 was heavy on peddling the notion that Henrich and Hickman would probably leave too.

When Riley was coach, that would probably have been very accurate

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

When Riley was coach, that would probably have been very accurate

Before Frost, Henrich and Hickman weren't going to Nebraska.