WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

I'd be curious to see how athletes handle that in the recruiting process. You grew up a fan of somebody - meaning you had a team you don't like. Obviously, if they're the only school that is going to give you a shot, that's one thing. But if you have options... 

I say that because I hate Iowa. lol

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

54 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

Yeah...it would be like if a native son who was the Nebraska coach decided to go visit Colorado to see if he wanted to move there.

1 hour ago, Sker4Ever said:

Interview on 1620 the other morning sounds like Nebraska was an afterthought. "Oh yeah, I'm going to the Nebraska spring game." Not thinking this guy stays in state.

Ehhh that’s a reach. Take the context of the question and how much outside attention he’s getting. He listed off various places and I took the Nebraska spring game comment as like “oh ya and obviously Nebraska”

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, huskerguy said:

Ehhh that’s a reach. Take the context of the question and how much outside attention he’s getting. He listed off various places and I took the Nebraska spring game comment as like “oh ya and obviously Nebraska”

I think 1620 was heavy on peddling the notion that Henrich and Hickman would probably leave too.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]