WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]

Huskerboard Predictor  

95 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Watts commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota
    • Wisconsin
    • Notre Dame

This poll is closed to new votes

On 3/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Atbone95 said:

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

13 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

Like all here, I grew up a die hard Nebraska fan, but we transplanted to WA when I was about 5. In 2003, our Legion team traveled to Colorado for a baseball tournament and played in a smaller town maybe 30-45 minutes outside of Denver and about 15-20 outside of Boulder. One day after our games, the parents decided to take us to CUs campus and I couldn’t get out of there soon enough. My teammate’s dad had to tell my dad he raised a good Husker boy and should be proud because I refused to take a picture when we visited their stadium...I reluctantly was in the photo with my back facing the camera. I think there’s some level of respect for Kirk Ferentz, but I can understand what Atbone is getting at and agree with you MM. If I grew up a die hard fan of a team, and had talent to warrant a scholarship offer from schools, I don’t think I could entertain the offer if I wasn’t interested. But as they say, to each their own. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No that is what 1620 was saying when frost was there 

Eh .... I mean ..... it's not like they changed their mind the day Frost was hired.  They were definitely looking elsewhere pretty hard when Frost got here.  Then Ruud made an in-person visit every week until they changed their mind.  But that doesn't mean they weren't still looking elsewhere pretty hard for some time after Frost got here.  I think this is making a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill given all the extenuating circumstances.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

From my perspective (don't know Atbone's exactly), if I grew up in the midwest, I'd either go to the home school if they were good, or I'd go somewhere "exotic" or fun or interesting. I'd probably take visits to places like Oregon, California, Florida. Not freakin' Iowa.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

From my perspective (don't know Atbone's exactly), if I grew up in the midwest, I'd either go to the home school if they were good, or I'd go somewhere "exotic" or fun or interesting. I'd probably take visits to places like Oregon, California, Florida. Not freakin' Iowa.

You would use officials for that yes.  I would definitely check out any school within driving distance on unofficials, it doesn't make sense to not to.  This is a big decision.

• Plus1 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

Iowa had zero catches in the NFL for WRs last year. I can't remember the last time they had someone even get a catch in the NFL tbh as a WR. To me it does matter on position and choosing a college. Iowa has done a great job at developing TEs, but def not WRs 

16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Iowa had zero catches in the NFL for WRs last year. I can't remember the last time they had someone even get a catch in the NFL tbh as a WR. To me it does matter on position and choosing a college. Iowa has done a great job at developing TEs, but def not WRs 

Also if I was a kid right now. I would want to join the team that is on the uptick. 

Iowa has capitalized on Nebraska's worst 20 year stretch since like the early 1900s. But they are at their ceiling. The tide is starting to turn and Nebraska will be back. 

• Mavric changed the title to WR Xavier Watts [Notre Dame - Signed LOI]