Jump to content
The Murphinator

WR Xavier Watts

Huskerboard Predictor  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

When Riley was coach, that would probably have been very accurate

No that is what 1620 was saying when frost was there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Atbone95 said:

Not sure how big of a Nebraska fan he is or how tied he is to that budding rivalry 

 

If I was a Nebraska kid, who grew up recently and had the opportunity/offers to play wherever I wanted... you can bet I'd never even remotely entertain the idea of going to Iowa, talking to Iowa, visiting Iowa, nothing

 

13 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

I think the statement was if he grew up a Nebraska fan, wouldn't give Iowa a call back. I get that mentality. It would be like if a lifelong Husker fan in the 90's all of a sudden was open to the idea of playing for Colorado, or a little later, Texas. Not saying about the product those teams put on the field or results against DONU. More of "I hate those guys" mentality.

 

Like all here, I grew up a die hard Nebraska fan, but we transplanted to WA when I was about 5. In 2003, our Legion team traveled to Colorado for a baseball tournament and played in a smaller town maybe 30-45 minutes outside of Denver and about 15-20 outside of Boulder. One day after our games, the parents decided to take us to CUs campus and I couldn’t get out of there soon enough. My teammate’s dad had to tell my dad he raised a good Husker boy and should be proud because I refused to take a picture when we visited their stadium...I reluctantly was in the photo with my back facing the camera. I think there’s some level of respect for Kirk Ferentz, but I can understand what Atbone is getting at and agree with you MM. If I grew up a die hard fan of a team, and had talent to warrant a scholarship offer from schools, I don’t think I could entertain the offer if I wasn’t interested. But as they say, to each their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

No that is what 1620 was saying when frost was there 

 

Eh .... I mean ..... it's not like they changed their mind the day Frost was hired.  They were definitely looking elsewhere pretty hard when Frost got here.  Then Ruud made an in-person visit every week until they changed their mind.  But that doesn't mean they weren't still looking elsewhere pretty hard for some time after Frost got here.  I think this is making a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill given all the extenuating circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 

 

 

From my perspective (don't know Atbone's exactly), if I grew up in the midwest, I'd either go to the home school if they were good, or I'd go somewhere "exotic" or fun or interesting. I'd probably take visits to places like Oregon, California, Florida. Not freakin' Iowa.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

River side athletes do not have the same love for the huskers as the rest of the state. I'm not saying all.  But alot of this has to do with lack of coach hs presents & lowa kicking our a$$ the last few years in both football & basketball.  I think Scott will change this. 

  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

From my perspective (don't know Atbone's exactly), if I grew up in the midwest, I'd either go to the home school if they were good, or I'd go somewhere "exotic" or fun or interesting. I'd probably take visits to places like Oregon, California, Florida. Not freakin' Iowa.

You would use officials for that yes.  I would definitely check out any school within driving distance on unofficials, it doesn't make sense to not to.  This is a big decision.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, runningblind said:

You would use officials for that yes.  I would definitely check out any school within driving distance on unofficials, it doesn't make sense to not to.  This is a big decision.

 

 

That's a good point. Ya, I'd do that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, runningblind said:

You would use officials for that yes.  I would definitely check out any school within driving distance on unofficials, it doesn't make sense to not to.  This is a big decision.

Yep. 

 

Same reason I’ll test drive some cars I’m pretty sure I’m not going to buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 9:30 PM, runningblind said:

Why do you say that? They have been far outperforming Nebraska for 5 years running.  They are about to have two first round pass catchers in the draft, one from Omaha.  Yes they are TEs but still.  I would be at least checking things out. 


Iowa had zero catches in the NFL for WRs last year. I can't remember the last time they had someone even get a catch in the NFL tbh as a WR. To me it does matter on position and choosing a college. Iowa has done a great job at developing TEs, but def not WRs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:


Iowa had zero catches in the NFL for WRs last year. I can't remember the last time they had someone even get a catch in the NFL tbh as a WR. To me it does matter on position and choosing a college. Iowa has done a great job at developing TEs, but def not WRs 

Also if I was a kid right now. I would want to join the team that is on the uptick. 

Iowa has capitalized on Nebraska's worst 20 year stretch since like the early 1900s. But they are at their ceiling. The tide is starting to turn and Nebraska will be back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:33 AM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

River side athletes do not have the same love for the huskers as the rest of the state. I'm not saying all.  But alot of this has to do with lack of coach hs presents & lowa kicking our a$$ the last few years in both football & basketball.  I think Scott will change this. 

 

You're definitely right on this one. I teach in Omaha and have around 140 students. I asked each class if they were husker fans because I was curious what the Husker love was like with the Omaha youth. 26 high school kids raised their hands saying they were husker football fans. 26 out of 140. Made me sick. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visiting Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Michigan this month.  All will be unofficials.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tfeek said:

Wiltfong just cb'd to Nebraska.

 

Yes this is my first post. Youre welcome.

You're off to a good start...

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend at Burke (talks to Watts) who told me about Henrich and Hickman being solid to Nebraska before it was reported has just told me today after Betts commitment that Watts is thinking pretty hard on committing to Nebraska. Still not solid but its a lot better then his stance a few weeks/months ago

  • Plus1 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

My friend at Burke (talks to Watts) who told me about Henrich and Hickman being solid to Nebraska before it was reported has just told me today after Betts commitment that Watts is thinking pretty hard on committing to Nebraska. Still not solid but its a lot better then his stance a few weeks/months ago

He will be committed to the Huskers by the time the Friday Night Lights camps are over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MNBigRedNorth said:

He will be committed to the Huskers by the time the Friday Night Lights camps are over!

I hope it is done at the spring game...assuming he will be in attendance??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another year with the borders locked down. That's not a bad feeling if we can finish this one. Is there a third guy who could potentially work there way to one during their senior year? Little Gifford, Ducker, or Maessner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I hope it is done at the spring game...assuming he will be in attendance??

That would be nice, but I think he has a visit to Michigan set up for after the spring game.  It most likely will be after that visit and also a visit by the staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I hope it is done at the spring game...assuming he will be in attendance??

He'll be in attendance but visits Mich after. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 10:18 AM, Warrior10 said:

He'll be in attendance but visits Mich after. 

Get him to commit at spring game and say screw you to Harbaugh!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid single-handedly beat Grand Island in the State Championship game. It was obvious he was the best player on the field during that game, and I'm a Grand Island alum. I hope he's 'N'. Good to be back after a hiatus. GBR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, spurs1990 said:

Another year with the borders locked down. That's not a bad feeling if we can finish this one. Is there a third guy who could potentially work there way to one during their senior year? Little Gifford, Ducker, or Maessner?

 

I've been on the Miko train for awhile now. He ran a 10.6 100 last week at a track meet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if we get both, it would only make sense that Watts be the 'X' and Betts be the 'Z' right?

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Visit from a high-wattage bulb, who reels in those deep balls like moths from the 402 tomorrow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

So if we get both, it would only make sense that Watts be the 'X' and Betts be the 'Z' right?

I guess we need to look for a WR with the first name of Yavier to complete the trio?

  • Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I guess we need to look for a WR with the first name of Yavier to complete the trio?

Definitely!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×