Purdue 49 Ohio State 20

r06ue1

31 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

I was under the impression the Bosa family like OSU. The kid quit school and the team. He's not going pro until after rehab so I assumed he'd get the surgery and stay there for the rest of the year.

Oh well. I guess he can rehab somewhere else and hope he gets well enough to make a team.  But at one point it was important to graduate.

The NCAA should start weighting scholarships to graduation numbers. No reason to pay for the school part if it's just a business.

That kid is too good to worry about the rest of his college season.  He, like his brother, will make millions and he can graduate later.

So happy for that young man fighting cancer they profiled this morning on Gameday. He got to see this victory live when he wasn't even sure he was going to make it to this game. Kind of a surreal moment to remember this is just a dumb game we all love watching on the weekends & how pointless it is in the grand scheme of life.

So pumped for that dude tonight.

• Plus1 7

9 hours ago, InOmaha said:

The Huskers haven't made them punt in the last 2 games. Let's start small. However, Speilman could have a good day.

They do have some issues on D the could be exploited.

I'm surprised Bosa left school and quit the team.

Good points and I forgot that they could have left their punter at home the last two games against us.   Bosa is healing from abdominal surgery and working on becoming the number one overall pick in the NFL.  Those are tough positions to get.  A no brainer. 

9 hours ago, InOmaha said:

I was under the impression the Bosa family like OSU. The kid quit school and the team. He's not going pro until after rehab so I assumed he'd get the surgery and stay there for the rest of the year.

Oh well. I guess he can rehab somewhere else and hope he gets well enough to make a team.  But at one point it was important to graduate.

The NCAA should start weighting scholarships to graduation numbers. No reason to pay for the school part if it's just a business.

Do you know how far off you are on your assessment?  Bosa will at the very worst be a top three pick in the NFL draft.  If he is 100 percent he will likely be number one unless a QB hungry team reaches.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that only a fraction of one percent of athletes get.  Heck even the loss last night will have people saying Bosa was the difference.  

• Plus1 1

Ohio State showed some major flaws last night and hopefully Frost and Co. take a good hard look at what Purdue did in that game.  

Haskins threw the ball a whopping 73 times!  Ohio State couldn't run as Purdue stacked the box and let Ohio State move up and down the field on them.  In the red zone they locked down Haskins favorite target and held them to 6 points.  Purdue on offense exposed Ohio State's weakness (and a certain guy named Bosa being out certainly didn't help) in the pass defense department.  

Make Ohio State one dimensional on offense and play good sound coverage in the red zone is the key to taking them down.  Easier said than done sure but Purdue isn't exactly a talent wealth pool and they were able to accomplish it.  

My biggest concern here is the bye week and they will be hungry but the one thing we will have going for us is that these issues they have cannot be fixed in two weeks and can still be exploited by any team (as other teams have shown) this season.  

10 takeaways: What to make of Ohio State's shocking loss to Purdue

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Haskins threw the ball a whopping 73 times!  Ohio State couldn't run as Purdue stacked the box and let Ohio State move up and down the field on them.  In the red zone they locked down Haskins favorite target and held them to 6 points.  Purdue on offense exposed Ohio State's weakness (and a certain guy named Bosa being out certainly didn't help) in the pass defense department.  

The big takeaway from that game is that Haskins really isn't a mobile quarterback. And Meyer seems to have one game a season where it's like he goes into a coma for 60 minutes and can't get the ball to his play makers on offense.

When I watched Ohio State vs TCU early in the season I thought TCU was a legitmate Top 10 team. Ohio State pulled ahead in the fourth but TCU's offense put up a fair amount of yards and points. Now TCU is 3-4, and looking back on that game and the Purdue loss it kind of seems like Ohio State might be a pretender this year. 

As much as I don't really like Harbaugh, I definitely like Urban less. I'm hoping Michigan can end their losing streak this season to Ohio State and win the East.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Ohio State showed some major flaws last night and hopefully Frost and Co. take a good hard look at what Purdue did in that game.  

Make Ohio State one dimensional on offense and play good sound coverage in the red zone is the key to taking them down.  Easier said than done sure but Purdue isn't exactly a talent wealth pool and they were able to accomplish it.  

My biggest concern here is the bye week and they will be hungry but the one thing we will have going for us is that these issues they have cannot be fixed in two weeks and can still be exploited by any team (as other teams have shown) this season.  

10 takeaways: What to make of Ohio State's shocking loss to Purdue

Bethune-Cookman is a trap game?

• Haha 1