Purdue 49 Ohio State 20

r06ue1

1 hour ago, Undone said:

The big takeaway from that game is that Haskins really isn't a mobile quarterback. And Meyer seems to have one game a season where it's like he goes into a coma for 60 minutes and can't get the ball to his play makers on offense.

I thought this was all Tim Beck’s fault???

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Haskins isn't a mobile QB but neither is what's his face from NW and he only needed on rec to beat us.  I'm sure Ohio st has better rec than NW.  Who cares if they couldn't run the ball against Purdue, Nebraksa can't stop the pass.  They will also be coming off a bye week.  I'll put money that the D will see lots of slants or digs or short post routes all day long from the slot.  

I think we can score on them for sure. Saw a lot of holes in that defense and Frost will exploit it. However, our defense will likely not be up to the task of holding them under 50 or so. Bad timing for us on the upset loss as well. 

Baby steps. Like making them punt. 

We will likely get an upset win this year, Iowa and MSU are definitely within our ability. Not this game tho

On 10/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, Redux said:

Holy crap people, we are 1-6.  Let's calm it down, I don't care that they lost.  The Horseshoe is not on our list of wins this year.

Just curious: Was Ohio State on Purdue's preseason "list of wins" ???

There's a reason they actually play the games.

• Plus1 1

Just now, Redux said:

I'm shocked that I'm shocked so many people are reverting back to delusional status after we went from 0-6 to 1-6.  People, Lamar Jackson is still a starter in the secondary.  We can't kick FG's over 35 yards.  Let's be reasonable about this.

While there are some who might actually believe this team is 100% ready for prime time after one win, the rest of us are just having fun with the hope that a bit of progress brings.

I will be at Ohio State next Saturday and my only actual goal is to see them punt, but I enjoy drinking the kool aid as much as the next person.

Maybe let your guard down and take a drink now and then.  Won't change anything but how much you enjoyed the day.

18 hours ago, olddominionhusker said:

I think we can score on them for sure. Saw a lot of holes in that defense and Frost will exploit it. However, our defense will likely not be up to the task of holding them under 50 or so. Bad timing for us on the upset loss as well. 

Baby steps. Like making them punt. 

We will likely get an upset win this year, Iowa and MSU are definitely within our ability. Not this game tho

I think we can possibly beat them, but the defense is gonna have to make some miracle transformation that I don’t foresee happening.

I’m not sure the Bethune Cookman game will do anything more than give OSU more to look at.

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm shocked that I'm shocked so many people are reverting back to delusional status after we went from 0-6 to 1-6.  People, Lamar Jackson is still a starter in the secondary.  We can't kick FG's over 35 yards.  Let's be reasonable about this.

Ask @runningblind for a pitcher of koolaid and you’ll feel better. I now think we can win 3 games! I’m just hoping we don’t quit against OSU.  Our defense needs to get much better which isn’t happening this year.