Undone

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

The play action pass off the option fake was my favorite play that TO used to run.   I loved the option, but when the QB would go down the line a few steps, and then drop back and hit a streaking TE or Split-End for a big play, I loved it!!!

Yep, and I think we are going to feel the same about Frost's play calling.

Yesterday was nearly flawless.

• Plus1 2

I said it a few weeks ago that I was seeing more and more of the Oregon/UCF offense and this game it really came out on full display.  Going to be great fun watching this offense tear teams a new one over the coming years.  

The defense is still a concern and we sorely need new recruits to fix the many issues with it.

8 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

@Undone that pass play reminds me so much of the old option pass TO used to run and burn teams on.  Sure there is obviously differences, but moving the pocket like that gets safeties and LB out of their normal coverage areas and usually sucked up to stop the run.  Just watch how everyone looks like a QB run with zone blocking and then BAM!

Just like Osborne used to do it.

Exactly.

Throwing on the rollout isn't easy. As Martinez gets better and better at it we will be so deadly. And to cast back to the Osborne days, imagine getting tight ends involved in these concepts.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The play action pass off the option fake was my favorite play that TO used to run.   I loved the option, but when the QB would go down the line a few steps, and then drop back and hit a streaking TE or Split-End for a big play, I loved it!!!

You beat me to the tight end comment.   :)

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Undone said:

I said the same thing yesterday. You'd have to think that's at least part of why he's still going with the hard brace. In the spring game he looked faster.

Here's to hoping it fully heals before season's end.

He looked faster in the spring because he was playing against our defense which is slow 

• Haha 4

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He looked faster in the spring because he was playing against our defense which is slow 

This is 100% truth.

Our defense is not good, but man do we lack talent on that side of the ball.  Really, we are one player away from making this a pretty decent defense.

A dynamic pass rusher.  Frost and Chin find one of those, look the f#&% out people.  We'll be fighting for the West immediately.  It will make that much of a difference.

5 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

I said it a few weeks ago that I was seeing more and more of the Oregon/UCF offense and this game it really came out on full display.  Going to be great fun watching this offense tear teams a new one over the coming years.

Biggest positive difference I've noticed is that Scott came out against Wisconsin throwing the ball quickly to the edges in the first quarter and hasn't looked back from that game plan. That completely changes how a defense plays you. It opens up the running lanes after just a couple of those throws. We've scored a touchdown on our first drives in back-to-back games now and both of those opening drives looked effortless.

1 minute ago, Undone said:

Biggest positive difference I've noticed is that Scott came out against Wisconsin throwing the ball quickly to the edges in the first quarter and hasn't looked back from that game plan. That completely changes how a defense plays you. It opens up the running lanes after just a couple of those throws. We've scored a touchdown on our first drives in back-to-back games now and both of those opening drives looked effortless.

This has a lot to do with how much he trusts his QB also.

The kid just makes plays, he is phenomenal.

6 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Yesterday Nebraska rushed for 383 yards, and Ozigbo had 12 carries for 152 Yards against Minnesota (#20 rush D). In 2017, Nebraska rushed for 69 yards, and Ozigbo had 10 carries for 37 yards (#74 rush D).

That's the difference in coaching, and scheme.

We've rushed for more than 250 in more games this season than all of Rileys tenure I'm pretty sure.

• Plus1 1