Undone

5 hours ago, Undone said:

Biggest positive difference I've noticed is that Scott came out against Wisconsin throwing the ball quickly to the edges in the first quarter and hasn't looked back from that game plan. That completely changes how a defense plays you. It opens up the running lanes after just a couple of those throws. We've scored a touchdown on our first drives in back-to-back games now and both of those opening drives looked effortless.

I've loved it too - it's definitely been fun to watch. Is anyone else concerned, though, about a faster defense being able to jump one of those quick outs? There were a couple of those against Minnesota where it seemed the defender would have had a decent shot at an INT (& likely pick-6) if he would have anticipated the throw better.

• Plus1 1

Didn’t know where else to put this but I was looking at NCAA’s stats to see how some of our guys compared to the rest of the nation.

AM

23rd in comp%

37th in passing ypg 

Spielman

24th in receiving ypg

12th in receptions per game

Morgan

48th in receiving ypg

Ozigbo

40th in rushing ypg

6th in ypc 

Bootle

5th in passes defended 

• Plus1 3
On 10/21/2018 at 12:08 AM, MichiganDad3 said:

Milton in year 2 was the tremendously better than Milton in year 1. How good will Martinez be next year?

He is good, but he will only be as good as our offensive line will allow. They will get him killed if they don't keep executing. My suspicion is our line looked good because MN just isn't that good.

2 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

He is good, but he will only be as good as our offensive line will allow. They will get him killed if they don't keep executing. My suspicion is our line looked good because MN just isn't that good.

We will face 3 DL that are better, but when I think of that I remind myself that Minnesota destroyed us last season. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

Honestly if Martinez plays his senior year and plays well, the kid might have been a 5 star

One could say Maurice Washington may have been close as well if not for the services and many schools assuming he had grade issues so he wouldnt be eligible. I think he outclassed much of the under armour all american game. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Hard to say because matchups are so different, but Minnesota's D Line held Ohio State to 92 rushing yards. They're not great, but they're not terrible, & Fleck is a good coach, so I'd say this was a decently quality win for our O Line. 

We'll see if they can do it two games in a row against a weak BCU team, and again the week after against Ohio State. 

I think our line is getting better as the season goes on, which is much better than the regression we've seen in years past.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hard to say because matchups are so different, but Minnesota's D Line held Ohio State to 92 rushing yards. They're not great, but they're not terrible, & Fleck is a good coach, so I'd say this was a decently quality win for our O Line. 

We'll see if they can do it two games in a row against a weak BCU team, and again the week after against Ohio State. 

I think our line is getting better as the season goes on, which is much better than the regression we've seen in years past.

Agreed. The Ohio State game scares me a lot now that they lost. It seems every time a Urban coached team loses they come out and go on a rampage the rest of the season. They will be throwing flea flickers up by 50 with 30 seconds to go in order to secure their playoff spot. I would have rather seen them play close game after close game sleep walking through till they get to us.

1 hour ago, billdozer15 said:

Agreed. The Ohio State game scares me a lot now that they lost. It seems every time a Urban coached team loses they come out and go on a rampage the rest of the season. They will be throwing flea flickers up by 50 with 30 seconds to go in order to secure their playoff spot. I would have rather seen them play close game after close game sleep walking through till they get to us.

I pretty much always want Nebraska to play a team that’s undefeated. Purdue might actually be a pretty good team now that I look at them. They’ve won 4 in a row. They lost to some teams that aren’t great but by only 8 points total. They might be a good team going forward.