Next year addition and subtraction

44 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Confirmed sorcery.

Side note if you watch this movie there is a shot during one of the games and they cut to James Caan on the sideline and behind him to one side is a player.  This player has to be in his 40's barely wearing his helmet correctly and has a walrus mustache.  I just think its funny.  They actually cast athletes for these types of movies but only like 30 to play all the other guys of every opponent.  Then hire people off the street to be sideline guys.  Then they have half a team of guys who would never see a football field.  

17 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Side note if you watch this movie there is a shot during one of the games and they cut to James Caan on the sideline and behind him to one side is a player.  This player has to be in his 40's barely wearing his helmet correctly and has a walrus mustache.  I just think its funny.  They actually cast athletes for these types of movies but only like 30 to play all the other guys of every opponent.  Then hire people off the street to be sideline guys.  Then they have half a team of guys who would never see a football field.  

You know what I think I know the scene you're talking about.  I think the dude had a big ol red mustache but I thought he just had his helmet kinda propped half on/half off which I remember doing if/when I needed to wipe my face off.  If nothing else, you've given me a reason to re-watch the movie which is never a bad thing!

6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

1024181656b-1.jpg

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Could somebody help me out and list out any redshirt players from this year that will most likely make significant contributions next year?

Full disclaimer, I don't pay attention to the participation charts too much so I could lumping in some guys that are playing quite a bit and aren't eligible to RS.  I'm sure other folks will add any names I'm forgetting.  I'm assuming by significant contributions that the players will see regular playing time on offense, defense or special teams.  The nice thing is we'll be able to see who the staff is high on after the BC game due to the redshirt rule.

Off the top of my head...

Miles Jones

Breon Dixon

Cam Jones

Moses Bryant (I think Moses gets a long look at either KR or PR)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Full disclaimer, I don't pay attention to the participation charts too much so I could lumping in some guys that are playing quite a bit and aren't eligible to RS.  I'm sure other folks will add any names I'm forgetting.  I'm assuming by significant contributions that the players will see regular playing time on offense, defense or special teams.  The nice thing is we'll be able to see who the staff is high on after the BC game due to the redshirt rule.

Off the top of my head...

Miles Jones

Breon Dixon

Cam Jones

Moses Bryant (I think Moses gets a long look at either KR or PR)

The only others I can think of would be CJ Smith, Braxton Clark, and Andre Hunt because they've already seen the field a little bit. Someone could always make a big jump, but those seem like the most likely candidates. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I too, saw this and was wondering....hmmmm what do we have here.  Turns out, dude is a full blown walk-on.  Love those home game expanded rosters!

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211735987&DB_OEM_ID=100&Q_SEASON=2018

How does this work? I'm assuming anyone from the 139 players can be on the sideline for home games, but I'm also assuming they don't all suit up each time. Do they pick random walk ons for each home game? He's good enough to be a walk on. I'm guessing he'll look different a year from now.

• Plus1 1

Bland likely takes-over for Farmer solidly at center. We need a JUCO OT good enough to move Farniok inside to guard. I say go for two of them. Increases our chances of success and we could use some depth. 

Mills is a proven P5 rb that can get the tough yards and Washington will be a beast with a year of S&C under his belt.

QB depth could be an issue but it will certainly but between Vedral, Bunch, and McCaffrey somebody should be able to acquit himself respectably. 

We need guys to step-up at wr.  Warner and Williams have established themselves as blockers but we will return squat for receiving production outside of JD. 

We get everyone back at TE, should become a bigger part of the offense

On D-line we lose Freedom, Newell, and oft-injured Stolt. None of whom is a big loss but we will be need Daniels and JUCO Fair to step-in at NG. 

Between Honas and Miller should get somebody that will produce as well or better than Young.. Losing Gifford hurts, hopefully Tannor and/or Breon is ready to step-in. Really need some pass-rushing ability here. 

Lose a lot at safety. Hopefully Dommon can finally get healthy, reports are always glowing that he could be damn good. Deontai has shown flashes. Cam Jones may be ready. Hopefully land a JUCO here. 

We get everyone back at cb and after a rough start we appear to be turning a corner in terms of quality of play. 

Kicking is obviously suspect. Hopefully Pickering can get over his yips and start hitting something farther than chipshots. If not hopefully Frahm or incoming walk-on Jorgensen is ready to step-in. 

Overall we're in decent shape and a full year of quality S&C we don't have to water-down should make a difference. But we do have some holes to fill a few guys will have to step-in as legit starters and we need to close the class with a few more good JUCO guys. 

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How does this work? I'm assuming anyone from the 139 players can be on the sideline for home games, but I'm also assuming they don't all suit up each time. Do they pick random walk ons for each home game? He's good enough to be a walk on. I'm guessing he'll look different a year from now.

There was an article this week that laid out the tiers but I don't remember where I saw it.  I believe it was all performance-based.  Obviously guys who are going to play are the top tier.  Then guys who probably aren't going to play but still get to suit up.  Then guys who don't suit up but still get to be on the sideline in their jerseys.  Then guys who (I think) can be around during pre-game but not on the sideline during the game.  Then guys who are only watching from the stands.

Something close to that.

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, Danimal said:

QB depth could be an issue but it will certainly but between Vedral, Bunch, and McCaffrey somebody should be able to acquit himself respectably.

We get everyone back at cb and after a rough start we appear to be turning a corner in terms of quality of play. 

Kicking is obviously suspect. Hopefully Pickering can get over his yips and start hitting something farther than chipshots. If not hopefully Frahm or incoming walk-on Jorgensen is ready to step-in.

Vedral wasn't too impressive in the spring game but for some reason I just expect him to end up as #2 or #3 ahead of Bunch next season now that he's eligible to play. I've heard both Frost and Verduzco saying they want to get him reps this season. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but i would think they'd want to get Bunch more reps if they think he's going to be #2 long term. It could also just be that the new redshirt rule means they see it as an opportunity to get reps for 3 quarterbacks and Bunch has already played in 6+ quarters.

I'm really hoping Lamar keeps doing well. I wasn't too hard on him last season but I definitely was the first few games this season. But I didn't really notice him much the last 2 games which was a big improvement.

I was happy Pickering got to kick a field goal against Minnesota (and also didn't miss any extra points).

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Vedral wasn't too impressive in the spring game but for some reason I just expect him to end up as #2 or #3 ahead of Bunch next season now that he's eligible to play.

There have been several reports that the even in spring Vedral was only running the scout team because he wasn't expected to be eligible.  So he didn't have many reps running our own offense.  

I can't imagine that he won't be #2 here shortly as he gets caught back up.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There have been several reports that the even in spring Vedral was only running the scout team because he wasn't expected to be eligible.  So he didn't have many reps running our own offense.  

I can't imagine that he won't be #2 here shortly as he gets caught back up.

But he played in that offense the year before at ucf