Future looks bright: Comparing Martinez 2018 stats to Milton

5 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

AM has lived up to the all the hype that came with him and exceeded it so far IMHO. And is great addition to the school and team.

I look forward to another 3 1/2 years with him at the helm.

The thing that has probably surprised me the most is his ability to throw deep. Man, does he deliver a beautiful ball when he has time. We've had so many QB's in the past years who would have a wide open receiver downfield and under throw, over throw or just plain miss them. AM more times than not just hit them in stride.

And dude  I am so NOT missing Gebbia right now.

• Fire 1

It is a big deal to put up such good numbers, but on top of that, I continue to be so impressed at the way AM conducts his business. I’m sure he has a healthy ego (most great QBs do) but he is not about self-promotion. The respect he is getting is earned, not demanded and that promotes the TEAM over the individual. That is an important part of Nebraska culture that we need to be contagious throughout the whole team, and if you’ve got it on display in your offensive trigger-man, you’ve REALLY got something.

• Fire 2
8 hours ago, brophog said:

The most important stat in terms of gauging where he's at: yards per attempt. He's at 7.9 ypa, which isn't bad, good for about 40th, but when this thing is really going that should be in the 10+ range. 

I mean ... 10+ would be great.  That would be top 5 in the country.  So .... yeah  .... that would be awesome.

But really over 8.5 would be really good.  That would be Top 25.  Over 9.0 would be Top 10. 

Three out of six games he's been over 9.0.  Throw out the Michigan game and he's at 8.45 for the season so that's basically Top 25.