Bethune-Cookman Week Pressers

Mavric

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Love listening to Mario.  Sure hope we can hang on to him as this team progresses.  I think we all know he is going to start getting some pretty good offers.  

The good thing that I am thinking....and admittedly, it's just a gut feeling.....he appears to be someone who is a great assistant, but may not really be interested in a HC position.

I can't really describe why I feel that way, other than it just fits his personality.

As for this weekend, I heard someone say this on the radio and I agree with it.  

I'm not too concerned about the offense other than it just needs to keep the train rolling.  Go out, take care of business and put up a lot of points without stupid mistakes.  I think they will.

But, as for the defense.  They need a game where they go out and dominate.  This is a game they can do that.  If BC puts up more than 20 points, it's not a good day for the defense.  

39 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Love listening to Mario.  Sure hope we can hang on to him as this team progresses.  I think we all know he is going to start getting some pretty good offers.  

I hear what you are saying, but he's established himself in a specialty: Coaching QBs. Does he want to be an OC? Does he want to be a HC? I'm not so sure. With each position up the rung comes more responsibility and headaches. Verduzco has a pretty good gig and it's not like his salary is going to be static from this point forward. And don't forget that Scott Frost is apparently a pretty good QB developer himself. I'd like to know who had the "eye" for QBs to fit his system.

It would be interesting to know who put Adrian Martinez on whose radar FIRST, for example. Did someone alert Verduzco and he brought him to SF? Or was it someone else. Was it SF himself? Frost seems to be a pretty good delegator, so I'm guessing he leans on reports from others to identify possible recruits.

I have no doubt that, particularly once we start having success again, that other schools will be after our assistants to give them bigger job titles. Unfortunately/Fortunately that is part of the ecosystem and (frankly) it is a complement to your program/system/head coach that he can spawn a "coaching tree". There will be plenty of talented, ambitious coaches that will want to replace them and gain the Scott Frost Experience. 

However, this particular group of coaches seem to be pretty loyal to Scott Frost and came along to help him restore his former program to greatness. I think that most of them are pretty dedicated to helping him reach his goals. (Their future prospects don't go DOWN as long as the program is building.) And I'm guessing that most, if not all of them, are making more money at Nebraska than they ever have ever made in their life. As long as Husker fans don't demonize any of them and make it hard for their kids to go to school (the way some impatient fans are already doing with Chin) I don't see why they would not want to stick around for at least a while. Continuity in the coaching staff is one of the big things that Nebraska used to have and needs to have again.

• Fire 1
38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The good thing that I am thinking....and admittedly, it's just a gut feeling.....he appears to be someone who is a great assistant, but may not really be interested in a HC position.

I can't really describe why I feel that way, other than it just fits his personality.

Ya. I would be shocked if he ever left Frost and I don’t know why either.