Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

Bethune-Cookman Week Pressers

I noticed he got a lot of snaps in our Dime package Saturday.  Would be great as a coverage LB (moved from Safety)

DqH7qPvU0AADV7L.jpg

Not gonna lie. It feels pretty good to feel good about the game this weekend. I cant remember the last time i felt truly "confident" we were going to win.

My take on the adjustments and “OR” on the depth chart is that there’s a few guys who have probably deserved some playing time but because of the loses and semi-close games they haven’t seen the field. 

This will give them a chance to be recognized that they are close and motivate them to practice hard this week on a shortened week, with today’s practice canceled...going against an FCS school, if we take care of business we may finally see some backups deserving time finally get to play and get some experience. 

Just another reminder of the preparation and thought process of the new staff to motivate and keep guys buying in and working hard all season even tho the W/L isn’t where we want it. 

Is it possible we see alot of 4 game RS guys play this week? Might not have a chance to get them in next week and there are only 5 games left. How many RS guys will we see down the stretch? It will be interesting to see how the rule plays out.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Is it possible we see alot of 4 game RS guys play this week? Might not have a chance to get them in next week and there are only 5 games left. How many RS guys will we see down the stretch? It will be interesting to see how the rule plays out.

NU will need to do what it takes to win the game first, then look at bringing in backups and guys headed for redshirt.  But, yes, it's possible some guys who haven't played yet to get some game action.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Sometimes?   :lol: 

Way to go Frost, don't anger the refs any more than they already hate at us.       (tongue-in-cheek emoji here)

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

I noticed he got a lot of snaps in our Dime package Saturday.  Would be great as a coverage LB (moved from Safety)

DqH7qPvU0AADV7L.jpg

Hmmmm. I can't remember the guy or the team, but there was some safety that was riding the pine and was switched to OLB.  I think he might have gotten drafted.  Got some post season accolades for his performance.  Coach was supposed to be ok as well.  I hope this switch works as well for us and our staff as it did for that kid and those other guys.  Wish we had a smart staff like that......:D

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Toe said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4331503

Tre Neal wasn't here last season...

I would guess that he knows this bc they watch film and he has a pretty good relationship with the DB coach.  Probably echoing what his coach has been saying.  

• Plus1 2

@swmohusker His coach wasn't here last season, either. :) And I doubt they watched much of last season's film - why would they want to?

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

@swmohusker His coach wasn't here last season, either. :) And I doubt they watched much of last season's film - why would they want to?

You can evaluate technique when they are asked to cover a guy.  Coverages are pretty universal  but techniques and coaching with each one can be unique.  

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gee.....you think maybe he has heard this coming from Bootle and Jackson themselves????

I know...it's a strange thought.

Yep. Usually the simplest answer is the right one.

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gee.....you think maybe he has heard this coming from Bootle and Jackson themselves????

I know...it's a strange thought.

That was my thought as well.

• Plus1 1

@BigRedBuster Sure, he might have heard a few things, but doesn't it still seem like kind of an odd comment for Tre to be making when his knowledge of it is second-hand at best?

@swmohusker The coaches are evaluating players based on what they do during practice and games, not based on what they did last year with the previous staff. I remember Frost saying in spring that they didn't bother watching much of last year's film.

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

@BigRedBuster Sure, he might have heard a few things, but doesn't it still seem like kind of an odd comment for Tre to be making when his knowledge of it is second-hand at best?

No. 

19 minutes ago, Toe said:

@swmohusker The coaches are evaluating players based on what they do during practice and games, not based on what they did last year with the previous staff. I remember Frost saying in spring that they didn't bother watching much of last year's film.

Keyword much.  Dont have to turn on much film of last year to see our deficiencies with technique. 

18 hours ago, Toe said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4331503

Tre Neal wasn't here last season...

Funny thing is, I listened to this interview with Neal, and I don't think he ever said 20 times more confident than last season.

I think he said 20 times more confidence than BEFORE.... Who knows what he meant by before though.

EDIT:

Just re-watched...

Never said last season boys....nice work.

He just said "so-so is playing with 20 times more confidence."

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No. 

Wasn't said...

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That was my thought as well.

wasn't said at all. misquoted in the tweet.

• Plus1 1

PS re-watched a little more..

His comparison comes from when he GOT HERE. Specifically talked about their technique from spring til now.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

PS re-watched a little more..

His comparison comes from when he GOT HERE. Specifically talked about their technique from spring til now.

Thanks a lot Sipple!  

What do we know about B-C? 4-4 record. Lost to some bad teams (I think). What do they run on O and D? Anybody got anything?

12 minutes ago, GSG said:

What do we know about B-C? 4-4 record. Lost to some bad teams (I think). What do they run on O and D? Anybody got anything?

Chinander said they run a similar offense as Nebraska, up-tempo spread.

• Thanks 1

Here are their last 3 games:

EDIT: Looks like that Youtube account has most of their games from this season

• Plus1 2